• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Dunne hauling down Doyle against Villa when 25 yds out and only the keeper to beat against Villa and not showing a red was another Halsey special as was giving a free kick outside the box for a foul on O'Hara which was at least a yard inside against Newcastle

I think the Doyle one was on the half way line but the Villa player should have been booked in the first half for a shocking challenge, but he wasn't so the foul on Doyle meant he stayed on. Newcastle, was a foul on Jarvis I think. So far in the area it was staggering he gave a free kick on edge.

The Villa one is a different game and Warnock I think. Mine was the first Prem season after only about 5 minutes. I thought it was O'Hara but you may well be right

I've got to be honest, even though I'm a mellow guy these days, it makes me fucking seethe when Halsey is on BT Sport and chastises a ref for not making a decision. He was the absolute worst for it.

One of the worst referees I've ever seen. And an arrogant cock to boot, Uriah Rennie sequel levels of incompetence at times.

I think Halsey is the worst I have seen he is a qpr fan so lets hope we batter em next week

Got his own back though the following season. One of the sweetest moments I've ever experienced as a Wolves fan.

Fuck you, Pepe.

That was fantastic.

Mick's comments on it were perfect too

Who was it who sent Milijas off wrongly but didn't think Hammils leg nearly being broken was a booking?

edit v Chelsea

Who was it who sent Milijas off wrongly but didn't think Hammils leg nearly being broken was a booking?

edit v Chelsea

That challenge by Lampard was a disgrace.....followed by AVB saying the ref didn't send him off as he doesn't do challenges like that a lot and is a nice lad.

Philip Walton was the useless prick on that occasion I think. The media defended Lampards tachle with the usual "he's not that type of player" bollocks. Like its a red card if Ben Thatcher does it, but not cuddly Frank

I don't see how that helps anybody but Dave Edwards? (I know Edwards bashing is taboo on here now) If we go up like we want to he's not going to get a game in the Premier and if we don't go up we would surely have to say, the team isn't good enough and replace the parts that aren't of which he would be one.

The only positive I can take from that news is that it suggests there is enough money in the pot to get the better players signed up to new contracts including Kevin McDonald.

Good news. He has his limits, but I actually think he has come on a lot under Jackett. Four managers later and we've finally found one who can use Edwards properly rather than shoehorning him out wide (Jackett mentions we're playing a diamond formation at the moment in the article on the OS) or playing him in a 4-4-2.

Excellent news. Great pro and for sure has a place in this squad.

Can I suggest Jackett knows more than the rest of us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(I know Edwards bashing is taboo on here now).

Not at all - I don't think many people on here - if anyone - would put him in their first choice XI if everyone was fit.

Personally I find the criticism he gets massively OTT - but I wouldn't have extended his deal either. He does a decent enough job with the limitations he has, is a good pro who occasionally pops up with important goals. But we should be looking at better.

I've no issue with him being a squad member for now.

Excellent news. Great pro and for sure has a place in this squad.

Can I suggest Jackett knows more than the rest of us?

Its fair to say Kenny Jackett can see ways in which he feels he can utilise the talents of Dave Edwards to the benefit of the team. Likewise there are many of us who would love the club to play in a different way with a footballer rather than a runner in many of the positions Dave Edwards finds himself.

Its fair to say Kenny Jackett can see ways in which he feels he can utilise the talents of Dave Edwards to the benefit of the team. Likewise there are many of us who would love the club to play in a different way with a footballer rather than a runner in many of the positions Dave Edwards finds himself.

With respect, there's a reason Kenny is in charge.

I'm not saying we shouldn't question anything but there's some pretty daft comments being made.

With respect, there's a reason Kenny is in charge.

I'm not saying we shouldn't question anything but there's some pretty daft comments being made.

Every person looks on the game differently. Various managers would use Edwards in widely different roles, some wouldn't use him at all. thats my point.

Back