• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Three different managers saw fit to hand Darren Ferguson a new contract at Wolves, it didn't make him a good or even acceptable player.

How many different England managers picked Glen Johnson?

Dangerous road to be going down saying "the manager knows best", you might as well close down any thread which contains any opinion in that case. Having watched Dave Edwards for seven and a half years I think I can say that my considered opinion is we shouldn't have given him this new deal much as he probably shouldn't have been handed his last two extensions, at the very least.

Three different managers saw fit to hand Darren Ferguson a new contract at Wolves, it didn't make him a good or even acceptable player.

How many different England managers picked Glen Johnson?

Dangerous road to be going down saying "the manager knows best", you might as well close down any thread which contains any opinion in that case. Having watched Dave Edwards for seven and a half years I think I can say that my considered opinion is we shouldn't have given him this new deal much as he probably shouldn't have been handed his last two extensions, at the very least.

And if you look back Dan I did say that.

I'm no huge fan, but I do feel some are very short sighted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure that argument has any credibility when 3 of those 5 are Conner, Solbakken and Saunders.

However when two are Mick and Kenny, it gives far more weight to it.

As I say I'm no huge fan, but I think some of you are overly harsh.

However when two are Mick and Kenny, it gives far more weight to it.

As I say I'm no huge fan, but I think some of you are overly harsh.

Not really on either count. I think both Mick and Kenny have made some horrendous mistakes in the recruitment/ staffing dept. The Hoff and Saville being 2 of them. I'm with DW on this, the manager does not always know best and Edwards, whilst obviously a decent character to have around isn't a player I think enhances any team technically.

Not really on either count. I think both Mick and Kenny have made some horrendous mistakes in the recruitment/ staffing dept. The Hoff and Saville being 2 of them. I'm with DW on this, the manager does not always know best and Edwards, whilst obviously a decent character to have around isn't a player I think enhances any team technically.

But you and DW do?
Edwards isn't the best technically, I agree. At this level it's not all about that.

The manager clearly sees something in Edwards that I (and others) don't, maybe his sense of value in a player chasing the opposition's defensive midfielder around is higher than mine. That's fine, he makes the decisions, I don't. But I might as well back my own opinion otherwise there's no point in me having one.

The manager clearly sees something in Edwards that I (and others) don't, maybe his sense of value in a player chasing the opposition's defensive midfielder around is higher than mine. That's fine, he makes the decisions, I don't. But I might as well back my own opinion otherwise there's no point in me having one.

Absolutely. Sorry if that's how I came across. But I don't get the finality of some poster's opinions. There's no grey with some, either black or white.

Dangerous road to be going down saying "the manager knows best", you might as well close down any thread which contains any opinion in that case.

Just to play devil's advocate here but is that not a bit rich coming from someone who lambasted another poster for expressing an opinion based on what they had seen which was fewer games than you? To me that seems very much like a tweaked 'manager knows best' position.

This is completely harmless. It's not a pay rise, it just gives one of our most loyal players more security going into the last year of his contract.

Absolutely. Sorry if that's how I came across. But I don't get the finality of some poster's opinions. There's no grey with some, either black or white.

Can I suggest you ask them why they have that opinion rather than telling them 'Manager is always right'?

I'm fairly sure that if anybody had said that under Saunders they would be lambasted for it. (Even Frank had a wobble).

This is completely harmless. It's not a pay rise, it just gives one of our most loyal players more security going into the last year of his contract.

Is it fair to say that Edwards would be one of the highest earners at the club having been here through the Premier league years. Maybe extending the kind of contract that other players would love to be offered.

Just to play devil's advocate here but is that not a bit rich coming from someone who lambasted another poster for expressing an opinion based on what they had seen which was fewer games than you? To me that seems very much like a tweaked 'manager knows best' position.

Well not really, I don't think the two things are similar at all. It'd be like me naming the worst three Nicolas Cage films of all time when I've only ever seen three, someone who's seen the great man's entire output multiple times saying that I couldn't possibly make such a definitive judgement, then us both concluding that film studios keep handing him roles so he must be a great actor after all, what do we know as we only watch films. Point A on my part would be ridiculous and Point C from both parties would be incredibly facile.

And for the record I didn't state that I must be right about McDonald last season and his place in the pecking order when it came to Player of the Season because I watch loads of games so nerrrr, I was questioning how that person had come to that conclusion given his judgement was so wildly out of kilter with mine. To be honest I wish I'd never even said anything now if people are going to be so fucking precious.

Edwards is a severely limited footballer technique wise, however managers will always find room for a player who is maybe not the best but works incredibly hard and always gives his all. I personally wouldn't have given him an extension when where we will be playing next season is yet to be decided, but I see no harm with him being around the squad while we're in the Championship. First choice no, especially not on the left or right of midfield but he's a solid squad player.

As for the manager being infaliable and always knowing best, Jackett saw fit to play Matt Doherty on the right side of midfield on Tuesday for 70 minutes. Where Mr Doherty proceded to be appalling for the duration of those 70 minutes.

Can I suggest you ask them why they have that opinion rather than telling them 'Manager is always right'?

With respect mate, you shouldn't be telling anyone how to post. Sorry.

I've read the opinions, and I disagree. However I am willing to listen, some posters I feel simply won't.

Back