• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Doc hasn't broken anything as far as I know. He got a smack in the eye. Benno doing what I wanted to do nearly every week from 2013-2017.

I think Dom has actually played more games on the right of the back three (could be wrong, but that's my recollection and he was definitely there against United when I went - did ok, too).

Buur played RWB that night, I think we all know he won't make it. Nice kid and tries hard but nothing like good enough.
Actually now you mention it I think you are right, which may mean they fancy him more as a CB. Oh well back to the drawing board. Agree on Buur nowhere near good enough.

Buur is a RB rather than a RWB. He won't be with us next year.

If him or Dom are in the thoughts of Nuno they would have least made the bench in the League Cup games.

Did Fowler join City that season? Surely it wasn't very realistic for us even then?

Did Fowler join City that season? Surely it wasn't very realistic for us even then?
Yes, but you have to remember that City only got promoted a year before us, so it's not an unbelievable either/or choice (ignoring location). He was broken by then anyway so may not have made much difference

Yeah that is true.

I'm a bit too young to have seen him in his prime, my first memory of him is the move to Leeds (where his goal record wasn't that bad). Only really been able to see old videos of him where he looked lethal in his youth.

Yeah that is true.

I'm a bit too young to have seen him in his prime, my first memory of him is the move to Leeds (where his goal record wasn't that bad). Only really been able to see old videos of him where he looked lethal in his youth.
Think massive upgrade on Defoe and you wouldn't be far out. Not the type of player who'd be en vogue today. When Wolves fans say they want a finisher then like Lineker you wouldn't get much better, but wouldn't do the other stuff we need them to. Although if you had either of them in their prime you'd build your side to suit their strengths

Wolves players have been promised a £12m bonus scheme if the club pull off qualification to the Europa League this season

Courtesy of the Daily Mirror.

Interesting to see how unbalanced we are compared to other teams around us. Got a seriously heavy right side bias.

Goes to show how influential Neves, Coady & Doherty are as well.

This can't be the plan, we'll need to address this in January somehow.
bd5b373ecded04da5c0b4fd4c754b707.jpg

Also, the Man City map is a thing of beauty.

Interesting, Lycan.

From what I can make out, that suggests the likes of Watford, Burnley & Cardiff are the most direct teams - which you can't argue with.
I'm trying to work out the Southampton one. It's very similar to the Man Utd one. Meaning perhaps they are having a lot of possession in games but just not doing much with it.

I'm not surprised to see we are heavy down the right. Doherty is far more attacking than Jonny and Costa has been more reliable than Jota (so far). Plus when Traore comes on he's usually on the right hand side and at that point of the game we generally just give it to him and let him run with it. That left hand side may become more balanced with Vinny in the team, because he's more of an attacking outlet.

Agree, but its difficult to argue against zero goals and zero assists

F365 is a dreadful site these days, proper clickbait and hack shite. Shame. I wrote for them for a very short time about a decade ago. I was a shit writer then so maybe their standards were always low :icon_lol:

Jota would actually be a fair shout if it were a serious article because he has been poor. Not Helder though.

Agree, but its difficult to argue against zero goals and zero assists
I'm sure there ate plenty of other starting AMs with no goals or assists. He's had a hand in goals and played well just not got the assist at the end.

I'm sure there ate plenty of other starting AMs with no goals or assists. He's had a hand in goals and played well just not got the assist at the end.
Which he? There are two. I'm not agreeing with the article just pointing out the stats don't look good for an IF.

Yeah, I think that's a tad harsh on Costa. Not been great but has gotten better as the season has gone on. Jota, though, has earned the negativity.

Think it’s purely stats based. And statistically they have
a) not scored
b) not assisted
c) bad shot conversions
d) given the ball away
e) not set up too many chances
f) don’t win the ball back
g) played lots of minutes

Back