• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Doherty is going nowhere. I'm pretty sure he will die in action for Wolves, aged 83.

"If it's not my defending, it's my rheumatoid arthritis."

Shame for Jonny. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Vinny & Doc it is, then.

I have no fears with Vinny there but Jonny defends better, hopefully in the next few games we won't have that much defending to do.

Bloody foreign players will do anything to get Xmas off...

I have no fears at all about Vinny I am convinced he will be a top top player in a few years. I wonder if this means Giles will get on the bench?

Hope so, Giles could be really good. Imagine having to defend against Vinagre for 70 minutes and then Giles comes on!

Bloody hell, there are genuinely people on Twitter suggesting Bonatini for RWB.

I've seen it suggested Neves should go RWB so we can accommodate MGW in the middle.

Some people are just stupid.

Bloody hell, there are genuinely people on Twitter suggesting Bonatini for RWB.

I've seen it suggested Neves should go RWB so we can accommodate MGW in the middle.

Some people are just stupid.

Might as well give Costa a go as well - he's pretty rapid & I have seen him tackle once or twice :icon_smile:

Doherty is likely to be fine, but the one injury shows the lack of real depth for those positions which are highly relevant to the way we play - preferably improvement, but at the very minimum proper cover for both sides

Might as well give Costa a go as well - he's pretty rapid & I have seen him tackle once or twice :icon_smile:

Doherty is likely to be fine, but the one injury shows the lack of real depth for those positions which are highly relevant to the way we play - preferably improvement, but at the very minimum proper cover for both sides

What lack of depth? Vinagre goes there. Simples. If Doc is out as well then we have lost both our right backs (even though one has been playing left back) which would leave any team with a conondrum with a squad of 25.

What lack of depth? Vinagre goes there. Simples. If Doc is out as well then we have lost both our right backs (even though one has been playing left back) which would leave any team with a conondrum with a squad of 25.
Only having 3 WB's is poor when it is a key position for us and has been the only downside to the recruitment under Nuno. We have great cover in all positions except WB.

To have 1 injury put us on "Who The fuck plays if Doc gets injured" is poor whichever way you look at it. We have room in the squad to fit in another (Cancelo and Zinchenko moves show that)

It’s a fair comment that we only have three options for two places though, that’s risky as we’re seeing.

We have plenty of cover for LWB but on the other side even worst case scenario is Bennett at RWB however with Iorfa now playing in this system in the u23s in that position and doing well I would expect him to come into the squad should Doc not make it (which he will not sure why anyone is worried about this)

Another option might be Dendoncker, who is capable of playing multiple positions and is by all accounts very good on the ball.

Giles is there as well.

I am sure we will address it in January by getting another RWB or LWB and that will define where Jonny plays and whether Vinagre comes in, or AN Other does with Vinagre and Doc as cover.

Giles is a LWB only as is Vinagre. We are short on the right side and I wouldn't be surprised if we were to get a Doc improvement in Jan.

We have plenty of cover for LWB but on the other side even worst case scenario is Bennett at RWB however with Iorfa now playing in this system in the u23s in that position and doing well I would expect him to come into the squad should Doc not make it (which he will not sure why anyone is worried about this)

Another option might be Dendoncker, who is capable of playing multiple positions and is by all accounts very good on the ball.

I think Dom has actually played more games on the right of the back three (could be wrong, but that's my recollection and he was definitely there against United when I went - did ok, too).

Buur played RWB that night, I think we all know he won't make it. Nice kid and tries hard but nothing like good enough.

Would rather try Dendocker there than Bennett as the latter hasn't got the attributes to play that role (& you would have to replace him at CB where, on the whole, he has done fairly well)

Dendocker would be a more likely workable option if needed than Leo or Neves!

Still would reckon that Doherty will be OK to play even if it's in a full face mask to go along with the gloves though don't actually think he's needed them yet this season) - we can have Zorro strikes again down the right on Sunday then :icon_smile:

Back