• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Doc will be fit, he only got a whack in the face.

Bennett RWB against Huddersfield? Huddersfield!!??

Only going on what we seem to do or end up doing. Played there in the League Cup this season when he came on v Leicester.

Last season we tried putting Graham, Cav, Costa and eventually Oskar (who then bloomin scored) when Doc was out. I doubt we will put Oskar in and I am probably nearer to getting a 1st team game than Iorfa so that leaves us with the go to option on the few occasions Doc has been missing under Nuno.

You could always switch Vinagre over and play Giles. Bit risky though.

Only going on what we seem to do or end up doing. Played there in the League Cup this season when he came on v Leicester.

Last season we tried putting Graham, Cav, Costa and eventually Oskar (who then bloomin scored) when Doc was out. I doubt we will put Oskar in and I am probably nearer to getting a 1st team game than Iorfa so that leaves us with the go to option on the few occasions Doc has been missing under Nuno.

Cav played there for about 20 minutes vs Hull as well. Yeah, let's not do that again.

We also played Conor Ronan there for extra time vs Bristol Rovers, it did not go well :icon_lol:

I would hope, if it really did happen against Huddersfield, we'd actually put MGW or even Cav there. Bennett gets very confused about what to do past the half way line - it's difficult to pass it sideways to Coady from there.

If we were going to go down the Vinagre on the right option he would have got a run out there last season in the Norwich game. Quite a few were saying Nuno would play him at RWB but he never got drawn in the RWB lucky dip for that game

I would hope, if it really did happen against Huddersfield, we'd actually put MGW or even Cav there. Bennett gets very confused about what to do past the half way line - it's difficult to pass it sideways to Coady from there.

I don't see us doing it. Whenever we put Cav or another attacking player at WB it really didn't work (Sunderland, Forest & Norwich at home I think)

I don't see us doing it. Whenever we put Cav or another attacking player at WB it really didn't work (Sunderland, Forest & Norwich at home I think)
Partly because we were already chasing the game then though. I think MGW would be ok there as a one off, certainly more point than Bennett - I get playing him as RB, but our WBs primary role is to attack and link play and he *cannot* do that whatsoever.

I agree that Bennett shouldn't play there but just that I will surprised if Nuno goes down the MGW, Cav or Traore route or bumps up Buur or Dom from the U23's

Traore would be worth it alone just for the reactions on here :)

Hull at home not Norwich (Doc was banned after getting sent off at Boro)

Traore would be worth it alone just for the reactions on here :)

Man alive :icon_lol:

It'd genuinely be like a Mo Camara tribute act. Could even bandage him up in tribute.

Medial collateral ligament injury, doesn't sound good

3-4 weeks normally (doubt they would actually diagnose that within a couple of hours of it happening though)

They can't diagnose anything around there with great clarity until swelling goes down.

Doc will be fine in chance he misses the Huddersfield game. Vinny should be playing this one anyway so not a problem in the short term. Otto's injury could be a few weeks or his season finished just depends if there's is any tearing, fingers crossed its just a strain.

If it was anterior then yes. But it is medial by the sound of it, which is fairly quick recovery.

If it was anterior then yes. But it is medial by the sound of it, which is fairly quick recovery.
I think worst case scenario is grade 2, which is 6 weeks or so (partial tearing) from what I have seen he would be very unlucky to have a grade 3 from that.

Fingers crossed, 6 weeks for Vinny to nail that spot then Otto comes back to replace Doc, sounds pretty good to me :)

Back