• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Brilliant stuff Joel.

We do have fan owned clubs but not many.

Fan ownership over here has gone a bit Animal Farm when it has happened. Many Pompey fans ended up disliking their figurehead leader for supposedly being full of himself and lording it over the rest.

Does anyone have a supporter number I could use for the Chelsea game, Wednesday 5th December? Pm me please

Great news on Giles he really does have quite some potential. I think a loan to see how he copes with regular competitive football would be a good move with the aim of becoming back up to Vinny once Vinny rightfully takes that LWB spot.

20 years since Wolfie had his fight with the Brizzle pigs.

I'd never seen the 'reunion' with Davina McCall before :icon_lol:

It depends on what credence you give to the expected goals stat which seems to have appeared this year. We do miss too many big chances though. Lamela's goal and Lloris' save from Jimenez aren't massively different situations, but they score and we don't. Costa's one on one goes in 9/10 at PL level.

xG has been around for a couple of years now at least.

It's useful but more for seasonal trends I'd say - it's less of a short term thing.

There are flaws in it - someone far more learned than me explained to me this week that Spurs' total on Saturday included BOTH Kane attempts on the third goal. But how can that be? If he sticks Attempt A away, then Attempt B doesn't ever exist. They haven't created two chances there.

And also it takes no account of the fact that we had a perfectly good goal ruled out (and a blatant penalty turned down at Brighton).

I've never cried in laughter as much as when Wolfie came out to the Rocky theme tune at the next home game. It was brilliant the whole ground was electric that night.

Sunbed Ted's debut and he was bloody brilliant.

Don't think that (apart from Watford @ home & Brighton Away) that we have got less points than would be expected

Plus City (H) & Utd (A) probably gained us more than we would have

We haven't played that many sides (apart from probably Southampton) that we would hope to clearly gain 3 points off. Huddersfield & Cardiff to come after we deal with Arsenal - so chances to improve

I must be the only one that loved the 90s. Steve Bull hatricks every week. Oxford away Chesterfield away Plymouth away on Patherfinders. Loved the away days in the 90s.

I've never cried in laughter as much as when Wolfie came out to the Rocky theme tune at the next home game. It was brilliant the whole ground was electric that night.

FA bollocked us for that (we got in trouble a lot in the 90's for silly shit)

I must be the only one that loved the 90s. Steve Bull hatricks every week. Oxford away Chesterfield away Plymouth away on Patherfinders. Loved the away days in the 90s.

Fortunately there's just the book coming out for you next year...

FA bollocked us for that (we got in trouble a lot in the 90's for silly shit)

- Cartoons in programmes calling Swindon "Swindle Town" (I can't remember if we got bollocked for it but we should have been, really)
- Banned WM from the ground for a while because Tony Butler made some kind of racial remark when talking about Shane Westley (now there's a bloke where you really wouldn't have said it to his face)
- Told off for putting up a laughing clown on the videowalls when the opposition missed a chance
- Nearly had a game on the final day vs Boro (which they needed to win) called off because we had explosives on the pitch
- Fined for a brawl vs Bolton, but they somehow didn't get any punishment at all
- The Kalac saga
- As above, Bristol City away and the aftermath
- Liquidator (why cor we have it, etc)

Any more?

Back