• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

So, with the Wolves v Chelsea game being moved to Wednesday 5th December I'm coming down. If anybody with an ST is now unable to go I am looking for an extra ticket. Please PM me if you can help

Interesting bit in the interview with Boly on the Wolves website which shows where Dendoncker currently is

"I was a bit late arriving at Porto. When you don’t start pre-season with Nuno it’s very difficult because he works hard with the team at the start. It’s difficult to come and change the team, so when I joined on the last day I didn’t play."

I could buy that when he first arrived, it's the end of October now though, so we are over 2 months into the season and you'd have expected him to have at least made the bench ahead of Hause or Saiss even for his versatility alone. We have started well and I can understand not changing the 11, but I don't buy that his fitness levels are poor or that he hasn't grasped the system enough to even warrant a place in the 18, it's a bit strange imo.

Not so much fitness, he's sailed through the two League Cup games. We know that Nuno doesn't dick around with the team for no reason, he didn't do it last year. Yes, it is late October but we have only played nine league games and he wasn't even here for four of them.

Not so much fitness, he's sailed through the two League Cup games. We know that Nuno doesn't dick around with the team for no reason, he didn't do it last year. Yes, it is late October but we have only played nine league games and he wasn't even here for four of them.

Like I say though I can understand him not dicking about with the team for no reason, but a Belgian international who can play multiple positions is surely a better option for the bench than Hause or Saiss.

He was away with Belgium in early September too so even less time to train with us as he's settling in.

I would have him on the bench, I don't think Saiss is a great option on there at this level as a) I wouldn't really want him at CH and b) unless you're winning and looking to shut a game down, you're never going to bring him on for tactical reasons. But it's quibbling really. A year ago we were still wondering why on earth we'd bothered with Ryan Bennett, he had only played 95 minutes for us in the league at this point in 2017 (we'd played 13 games too rather than 9, he didn't play in the 14th at QPR either). Looked like he was never going to play. Didn't pan out that way though.

Nuno rates him, he'll play him eventually.

He was away with Belgium in early September too so even less time to train with us as he's settling in.

I would have him on the bench, I don't think Saiss is a great option on there at this level as a) I wouldn't really want him at CH and b) unless you're winning and looking to shut a game down, you're never going to bring him on for tactical reasons. But it's quibbling really. A year ago we were still wondering why on earth we'd bothered with Ryan Bennett, he had only played 95 minutes for us in the league at this point in 2017 (we'd played 13 games too rather than 9, he didn't play in the 14th at QPR either). Looked like he was never going to play. Didn't pan out that way though.

Nuno rates him, he'll play him eventually.

Didn't pay an eight figure sum for Bennett though.

Well alright, £7m Ivan Cavaleiro started 0 of our first 6 league games last season.

Well alright, £7m Ivan Cavaleiro started 0 of our first 6 league games last season.

Suspended for the first game, straight into the squad thereafter and the first sub used for the next four league games.

Dendoncker could only dream of that level of involvement at the moment.

Who is the dude at Liverpool that cost a fortune that has struggled to get in their team this season?

Fabinho. Played 21 minutes in the league.

How long was it before Cav got into our team after we originally signed him from Monaco?

Started vs Burton but wasn't a regular until QPR away at the start of December.

Perhaps Dendoncker will be the new Coady one day?

Either way I'm with Deano and still just wondering why he hasn't been used on the bench at all. Think I've settled on just being impatient and Nuno is shaping him into a God behind the scenes!

Thelwell rumoured to be leaving via a Daily Mail article?

Must be playing havoc with Johnny's brain.

Thelwell rumoured to be leaving via a Daily Mail article?

Must be playing havoc with Johnny's brain.

homers-brain_19march2018.gif

This is my brain most of the time.

Back