• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Sadly I won't be around for much after the game. Got to go to Brum and drop the in-laws off as they watch Cliff do his thing (then wait and take them home) so the designated excuse giver will be need to be someone else

Just watched the home game versus Derby in 2016 on Sky. Less than 2 years ago, but absolutely light years away.

Shows why Borthwick Jackson and Iorfa don't play first team football anymore, but conversely Lonergan had a blinder, but the interesting thing was some of the balls Coady played, too floaty from midfield, but not dissimilar to those he plays now. Nobody else did, but with the benefit of hindsight you can see what Nuno saw.

Lonergan didn't have a blinder, he can't have done by definition after that first goal. His kick that you wouldn't have off a four year old and then his Hollywood save to er, someone two yards out.

The kick was poor, but we had numerous opportunities to reset. Not sure what else he could have done with the shot though, CBJ watching passively is the bigger issue to why Ince has a tap in. Also made 2/3 top class saves

Conor Coady vs Jason Byrne | Penalties, volleys, free kicks & crossbar challenge | Soccer AM Pro Am

Good interview with Nuno in the torygraph today.

There's this one in Express and Star too - https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...9/nuno-building-new-piece-of-wolves-paradise/

I found this quote interesting:

Does he lose sleep worrying about bigger clubs coming in for his star players?

"No. I don’t fear it. Not at all. Because I ask the player and if he tells me he wants to stay here, that’s more important.

"It happened already and the player is still here. Because he wants to be. The moment that it feels natural that you can’t stop these things anymore then okay. It’s natural. Things happen naturally.

Some really interesting stuff in there, but fucking hell - some of the banal questions.....! :icon_lol:

The old "difficult to fit him in while everyone else is playing so well" line doesn't wash with me, though. It's weird that he's not even making the bench. Hopefully he'll be in the mix next weekend. We're not big or good enough to start leaving Belgium international footballers out of our matchday squad for no reason, yet. Maybe it's a fitness thing - but then he looked alright against Leicester.

He isn't out for no reason though is he. He arrived after a World Cup and was behind on preseason fitness. While he was resting then catching up we had fookin great start to the season and no one, especially in his position was getting dropped, Belgium international or not. It's not as if we have been shit but Nuno was refusing to change things.

After our 1 poor performance/result he has a chance but more than likely will appear on the bench. Don't forget Bennett didn't break into the 1st team in the League until November last season.

Yeah, you can understand him not making the first eleven, but you’d expect him to be on the bench and having some game time.

Yeah, you can understand him not making the first eleven, but you’d expect him to be on the bench and having some game time.

Just where he is right now. For the spot on the bench he would take Saiss is ahead of him which comes from him not being option until around the game at Old Trafford.

Olofinjana as loans pathway manager!

He isn't out for no reason though is he. He arrived after a World Cup and was behind on preseason fitness. While he was resting then catching up we had fookin great start to the season and no one, especially in his position was getting dropped, Belgium international or not. It's not as if we have been shit but Nuno was refusing to change things.

After our 1 poor performance/result he has a chance but more than likely will appear on the bench. Don't forget Bennett didn't break into the 1st team in the League until November last season.

I think Bennett is the right comparator. Nuno worked with Bennett to get him able to play in the system. 3 months of solid training ground work meant Nuno was able to trust him, and further development happened on the pitch as well as the training ground.

Dendonker comes in and whilst building up his fitness, Nuno et al can work on his game/tactics. This will make it easier for Dendonker to settle in to the team when the time is right.

Addressing the fitness is also key. Nno and the team have a huge focus on fitness, and I suspect that feeds into injury prevention too. The medical and management teams are getting him ready. Trust their experience and judgement.

Back