• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If they were to get picked for their national sides, I somewhat doubt that either of them would lose confidence over it! Coady in particular is one of the strongest characters I've seen in a Wolves shirt - and we've already seen how Doherty can bounce back from a poor performance.

Loads of ifs, buts and maybes there - and it seems a bit of a far fetched thing to be worried about! Have a bit of faith in the character of these lads.
https://youtu.be/PBMitdUoSvA

He was never the same after that...

Spurs pencilling in Burnley on 15th Dec as their first game at the new ground. So we might be playing there, who knows.

I'm a little worried about both doc and eventually coady at international level. They excel in our system, but even if those countries mimic the formation, if they don't play the same way, they'll be nowhere near as effective. Imagine if Southgate put coady on one the wider defensive positions in the back three, it'd be a car crash tbh and could drastically effect his confidence

We both play similar systems.

I would quite like to see

Stones------------Coady---------------Maguire

With Walker on the right, and Rose on the left

i think with there pace, Coady could find them with ease.
I expect Coady to be in the England squad if not the next one then certainly the one after.

It is pissing me right off, I asked
Sky bet, Paddy Power, Bet 365 and many others to give me odds on

Wolves Qualifying for Europe
and
Coady to play for England this season

I was looking to put £50 on it. Every Bookie refused the bet

No England manager would call up a player for the first time and play him in a position different to that which got him called up in the first place.

.....ask Matt Jarvis.

No England manager would call up a player for the first time and play him in a position different to that which got him called up in the first place.

.....ask Matt Jarvis.

John Richards was the more obvious one.
At least Jarvis played wide

Out of interest how would a wing back be different? Be wider in the final 1/3?

Wing back is not one of the back 3, my memory may be dodgy but he was playing wide and spent a lot of tome further forward

Yes and you'd expect him to go beyond the full back, right into crossing areas adjacent to the penalty box, we've stopped him doing that altogether since the first half at West Ham.

This discussion looks a bit weird now as I deleted my post because the picture was too big :)

Yes and you'd expect him to go beyond the full back, right into crossing areas adjacent to the penalty box, we've stopped him doing that altogether since the first half at West Ham.

This discussion looks a bit weird now as I deleted my post because the picture was too big :)

Thank fuck for that, I thought I'd imagines the whole thing/

Here it is, it's too big but I can't be bothered going to the effort of resizing and rehosting it.

doherty-palace.png

What the fuck was he doing on the left side of the 6 yard box!
#totalfootball

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think he's stopped going past the full back as much as Costa doesn't tuck in as much and has noticeably stayed wide in the last few games rather than sitting in the inside forwards space. This has seen Moutinho come forward a lot more as he has got up to speed.

I think Doherty has been much better on the ball this way and seems to have linked up with both Moutinho and Costa really well. I also thought Doherty did well to sit deeper against Zaha and PvA on Saturday, backed up by Bennett and Moutinho again which essentially shut Zaha down.

That Nuno's a tactically astute manager by the looks of things..

I think he's stopped going past the full back as much as Costa doesn't tuck in as much and has noticeably stayed wide in the last few games rather than sitting in the inside forwards space. This has seen Moutinho come forward a lot more as he has got up to speed.

I think Doherty has been much better on the ball this way and seems to have linked up with both Moutinho and Costa really well. I also thought Doherty did well to sit deeper against Zaha and PvA on Saturday, backed up by Bennett and Moutinho again which essentially shut Zaha down.

That Nuno's a tactically astute manager by the looks of things..

Yeah, I agree with all that, spot on. But MON, 90s throwback that he is, probably still listening to Boyzone on his Discman, is not going to use wingbacks like we use them.

Yeah, I agree with all that, spot on. But MON, 90s throwback that he is, probably still listening to Boyzone on his Discman, is not going to use wingbacks like we use them.

Good point, I can't see O'Neil or Keane as progressive thinkers on tactics.

He just needs Doc to channel his inner Didier Agathe.

When do loyalty points go on your account? Mine for Watford aren't credited, so I have had to wait an extra day to get Spurs tickets.

After the game is played. So I don't have my Brighton points yet.

Back