• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Because he's an idiot?

Not sure where he got the "magnificent" performance from either.

The better young players would get clubs lower down. It'd mean they'd probably develop quicker getting more competitive games.

You'll be unsurprised to hear that I remember it.

Of all the Warnock shithouse teams, that Bury one was nearly the worst of them, just behind his very early Sheff Utd efforts (I remember them timewasting after 2 minutes of one game at Molineux).

One of the games that actually filters through the fog of my late teens / early twenties. Fucking hated Warnock even then.

So, did Wolves beat Bury?

Also, which is the game where Warnock told his players to break Bully's legs?

I believe Bully scored the only goal of the game in that Bury match. I was there - NB ST holder back in those days.

Yes, we won 1-0.

No, that was when the prick was at Notts County.

So, did Wolves beat Bury?

Also, which is the game where Warnock told his players to break Bully's legs?
That was Notts County at Molineux a good few years earlier to Craig Short. Bully used to have fantastic battles against Short as he did the likes of Aspin and Walsh.

Remember the Bury game was about 13/14 and we used to sit on the lower left side of the NB. Bloke behind me called goal as soon as the cross went in just knew Bully would get on the end of it.

Have to admit I didn't realise Warnock was their gaffer back then I seldom took notice of the opposition at the time. Was it Warnock when we beat them 4-2 when David Johnson announced himself?

Jiminez is quick, kept up with Traore a couple of times on Saturday too

Jimenez is quick, Johnny and I commented on that a couple of games ago. And Jota is quick, he’s certainly no slower than Cav or Costa when he gets a spurt on.

That was Notts County at Molineux a good few years earlier to Craig Short. Bully used to have fantastic battles against Short as he did the likes of Aspin and Walsh.

His battles with Walsh were something. Usually used to end in a red card for one, if not both as I recall.

I believe Bully scored the only goal of the game in that Bury match. I was there - NB ST holder back in those days.

Wolves v Bury (although dont think it was this particular game) always reminds me of possibly the greatest bets I ever saw placed, David Johnson was playing upfront for them and was in flying form.

So before the game, bloke beside me told me he had put a bet on, had a double on Wolves to win 2-0 and Johnson to score the first goal....

Made him show me the slip as proof of his punting ability.

:icon_lol:

That would have been the season before, beat them 4-2.

Back