• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

“It’s time for [Wolves] to be more expansive and kick on”. Just shows the ‘author’ of the article has watched us about as much as the window cleaner’s rag has.

Excellent pieces on Football Focus this morning including an incredibly emotional tribute for Carl. Think I've got something in my eye.....

well well WH beat MU earlier - Noble man of match i think - just sums up how poor United are currently.

Mou has to go, his football are too defensive, not modern

Wolves are 1 of only 5 sides to not lose their in the last 5 PL games

The other 4 are Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal - not bad company really

This is a bit of a shocker. I guess most of those 77 will be Traore too.
1849ced5d907e751ca67002b08068e09.jpg

hmmmm

3 of the bottom four in that stat won their game. Huddersfield in second lost.

Sounds like a REALLY REALLY crucial stat then.

Without qualification there is only one stat that matters and that's the score the rest is all noise.

Scoring more goals than your opponent, true that..possession doesn't mean that much either in todays football

That sprint stat is just an indication of style of play. Unless there is a notable increase or decrease in a specific game (suggesting a different tactical approach for that match) or from one season to another (change in player fitness, change in play style, players being willing to run more/less for their manager) it tells you very little. It's not particularly useful unless you are looking at style of play or trying to identify some sort of change amongst the players. No indication that more sprints = better as you can see from the 1st ranked team being Liverpool but the 2nd being Huddersfield.

Congratulations to Jonny for being named in the Spain squad. Top stuff.

Have we had a current Spanish International play for us before?

Good news - think they are playing England again too? Be nice to have Coady in the opposing squad.

Back