• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'm not exactly a tall man but it's cramped even for me once you're sat down.

Well, as someone who is built like a rugby forward, the bottom tier of the Steve Bull is worse than the top. The poor people who had to sit next to me when we were temporarily moved out of the North Bank had basically half a seat each, and the person in front had my knees around their ears, and not in a fun way. It's not really possible to bend shoulder bones in very much.

I hated it.

Not sure where to ask the question, but I am struggling to sit in my usual spot, this offer of 6 games for the price of 5 that is currently on the Wolves website. Would that guarantee me a seat in the South Bank?

Well, as someone who is built like a rugby forward, the bottom tier of the Steve Bull is worse than the top. The poor people who had to sit next to me when we were temporarily moved out of the North Bank had basically half a seat each, and the person in front had my knees around their ears, and not in a fun way. It's not really possible to bend shoulder bones in very much.

I hated it.

Was it a sunny day?

FFFFFS, supposed to be out for a mate's birthday on the 3rd March.

Already have my Fulham ticket, but if any game gets moved that's the easiest to deal with for me

Just means more of a lay in & later home time

Bit of a heart in the mouth moment when I read that the first game to be moved was Fulham as already bought tickets. If it had been moved to Sunday I'd be working, would I have had any chance of a refund?

Not TOO disappointed with the Fulham game being slightly later. More time to have a few beers beforehand and hopefully a quieter train home.

Steve Bull is bloody awful if you attempt to move anywhere before or at half time,it's a stop in your seat and don't move stand.
Was surprised to see how much leg room the Madjeski Stadium had the other month and that's what...20 years old, they certainly planned that one right (no need to get the entire fucking row up every 5 minutes) although I would hate an enclosed identikit ground
The Steve Bull is coming up to 40 years! Different design considerations back then.

You would definitely need to move it almost straight down the pitch to make it much bigger. There is only about fifteen yards to the pavement in places near the North Bank end and that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room before it becomes like the back of the old Waterloo Road stand.
IIRC the original designs prior to the NB reconstruction had the North Bank/Steve Bull/South Bank/South Bank as a 'horseshoe' with a single tier option for the South Bank.

The Steve Bull is coming up to 40 years! Different design considerations back then.

Steve Bull upper was OK when I was in there this season, but the lower section is dire. That may have been because the only time I have been in there was the Sir Jack Hayward send off & was still on crutches so hampered my maneuverability somewhat.

Let's face it. We are likely to have one in two games moved for the rest of the season. One of the joys of absolutely rinsing the league.

Let's face it. We are likely to have one in two games moved for the rest of the season. One of the joys of absolutely rinsing the league.

We will do until we formally confirm promotion then they are likely to focus on any relegation/playoff teams a bit more

Back