• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Steve Bull is horrendous, I was running late for Brentford because of engineering works at Brmingham as I was going to the NB the queue for the Steve Bull upper was still in the road near to The Feathers as shouty man said "and your team, WW" as the teams came out.

Was in there for Bolton as had family visiting and can't believe how awful it is. It needs flattening asap.

I moved there last season for one game (vs Leeds, Zenga's last game) as my Dad and brother decided they'd like to take a look at how underwhelming we were. I'm not exactly a tall man but it's cramped even for me once you're sat down. I suppose they did get to see Ola John, which was a real treat.

When we walk down from the subway at around 2.45-2.50 the queue is right up back past the Feathers and into the university car park, it's chaos.

Went in the SB against Barnsley for the first time since the mid nineties and it was fucking awful. I used to love it in there when I was younger (bar the lack of atmosphere) but fuck me it needs replacing now.

Any news on sky games or when we might find out? Thought it was supposed to be this week?

I must be weird as I find the SB ok, I'm only little so I'm ok for room, my lads are a bit more cramped but never heard them complain, never had to queue to get in or get a drink/food/piss......tbf we always get there quite early and don't move from our seats from kickoff till final whistle. It is showing its 40 years so I expect it to be replaced sooner rather than later

Chap on Twitter who seems to know what he's going on about has suggested that (from Director level) the North Bank will be turned in to a "Kop" with greater capacity and wrap around in to the Steve Bull.

That's confused me. I think he might mean the South Bank?
He’s confirmed he meant the South Bank.

I would think the Steve Bull is the first to get refurbed and wouldn't be surprised if it was done at the end of the season.
Seems unlikely that anything major would happen that soon, though they could try and tart it up internally and give it a good clean.

Had a look on the Council website the other day and there hasn't been anything submitted planning wise since the initial application under Morgan. Interestingly, that approval has now expired so any further development work that Fosun look to do going forwards will require a new application, so may be an opportunity for them to change a few things from those plans.

Agree the SB atmosphere has had a bit of a lift lately. It's nice! Do like a bit of a chant I just like to have a sit down!! Getting old.

Have been in North Bank before but it just confirmed how much more enjoyable the whole day is for me personally. Suppose it depends on how comfortable you want to be.

Everyone gets different things out of their matchday. I love seeing my mates before and afterwards but once the game kicks off then I want to watch the football. So I picked the best view with the most comfy, roomy seats.

If others want to sing, stand etc then that's up to them, no problem.

The simple point is that if you want to do a big two tier horseshoe to the single tier South Bank in the current position, you are going to have either build over, or move about sixty yards of Waterloo Road.

Wouldn't the South Bank be part of the horseshoe with the Steve Bull and North Bank?

No. They want a one tier Kop style South Bank.

The way I'd go would be to link the Steve Bull to the North Bank in the same style, rebuild the South Bank as a bigger, more modern single tier stand and then either leave the Billy Wright as it is or rebuild as a kind of 'grandstand', not necessarily adding thousands to the capacity but modernising it, bringing it closer to the pitch etc.

The way I'd go would be to link the Steve Bull to the North Bank in the same style, rebuild the South Bank as a bigger, more modern single tier stand and then either leave the Billy Wright as it is or rebuild as a kind of 'grandstand', not necessarily adding thousands to the capacity but modernising it, bringing it closer to the pitch etc.

You would definitely need to move it almost straight down the pitch to make it much bigger. There is only about fifteen yards to the pavement in places near the North Bank end and that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room before it becomes like the back of the old Waterloo Road stand.

Sounds like the new Spurs ground. Thats essentially a horseshoe with a massive single tier at one end.

Steve Bull is bloody awful if you attempt to move anywhere before or at half time,it's a stop in your seat and don't move stand.
Was surprised to see how much leg room the Madjeski Stadium had the other month and that's what...20 years old, they certainly planned that one right (no need to get the entire fucking row up every 5 minutes) although I would hate an enclosed identikit ground

Back