• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Have sky picked the league games yet? Don’t want to buy tickets for away games and then find they move it to a Friday night...

I think the next lot are supposed to be announced later this week.

Not for me. He has a point on the club losing its identity if we lurch towards high ticket prices and advertising slogans but harking back to hooligan days isn't a good way to do it.
He clearly says that's not the point though.

Football must have been amazing when you could watch it from a tree and then scrap with somebody because they're wearing stripes. Douche.

He clearly says that's not the point though.

And then waxes lyrical about it for the majority of his blog even though he tells you he isn't. Comes across as a bit of a twat if I'm honest.

There's plenty of ways to eulogise about the old days and identity without invoking memories of a good scrap and hilariously dropping things on opposing fans whilst they were taking a piss. #80'sbantz

I've only read that blog when it's been linked on here, I'm sure it has an audience, but I'm not it.

Football has changed as 'Wolves ay we' has changed. I get what he's saying about the club changing. It's like Wolverhampton itself, it's a shithole but it's my shithole (not that I think it's a shithole mind but you get what I mean). Wolves have never been a major force when I've followed them and that's fine, I think that's why the McCarthy days are remembered so fondly - we were competing with the big boys and we'd done with what felt like good, honest hard work - what's not to like about that! Now we're doing it by being just better than everyone, I think that's why the atmosphere might be lacking a little. The edge has gone because we're so far ahead of everyone else.

It'll be back next year when we're playing the big teams

"Looking at the earlier stats from previous months I see a massive growth in readers from the Indian sub-continent. Pakistan, South East Asia. Is it reflective of footballs growth in these countries?"

No, it's reflective of the massive amount of click farms and spambots out there.

Nothing to moan about at the moment with wolves so I thought I'd post my bill for phoning the Wolves ticket office with about 7 people before me in the queue (for Norwich away). So my 25 quid ticket cost about 37 in the end including booking fee.
Hope this is an appropriate thread.
ticket office charges.jpg

Nothing to moan about at the moment with wolves so I thought I'd post my bill for phoning the Wolves ticket office with about 7 people before me in the queue (for Norwich away). So my 25 quid ticket cost about 37 in the end including booking fee.
Hope this is an appropriate thread.
View attachment 1975

Get your ticket online, moving forward.

Buy online, print at home so no admin fees. Easy

The phone charges are ridiculous. It is something the fans need to raise with Laurie.

If you can put airline tickets on your phone I'm sure Wolves should be able too. Definitely one for the fans parliament.

If you can put airline tickets on your phone I'm sure Wolves should be able too. Definitely one for the fans parliament.

Probably wouldn't work with the scanners they have in the turnstiles at the moment would it?

From memory they're like a slot that you put the ticket into, so they can conveniently put the receipt at the end of the ticket and make life easy, wouldn't be able to guarantee everyone would be able to scan their ticket/q code thing on their phone in that manner unless they changed the scanners.

Probably wouldn't work with the scanners they have in the turnstiles at the moment would it?

From memory they're like a slot that you put the ticket into, so they can conveniently put the receipt at the end of the ticket and make life easy, wouldn't be able to guarantee everyone would be able to scan their ticket/q code thing on their phone in that manner unless they changed the scanners.
Having seen the inability of some fans to struggle to even get into the ground with a season ticket card. I dread to think of the queues if they had to load up a QR/Barcode on their phone to scan to gain entry.

Back