• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

They were having a lot of trouble Saturday with home printed tickets in the rh end turnstyle (nearest subway) people were having to go to others to get in

Season ticket card normally fine but NB was a nightmare Saturday as it was all ticket only. There’s some special people out there

Having seen the inability of some fans to struggle to even get into the ground with a season ticket card. I dread to think of the queues if they had to load up a QR/Barcode on their phone to scan to gain entry.

Exactly!

And imagine the whinging there'd be if someone's phone battery had died. It'd be horrendous.

Probably wouldn't work with the scanners they have in the turnstiles at the moment would it?

From memory they're like a slot that you put the ticket into, so they can conveniently put the receipt at the end of the ticket and make life easy, wouldn't be able to guarantee everyone would be able to scan their ticket/q code thing on their phone in that manner unless they changed the scanners.

Criminals can scan you chip and pin without you taking it out of your wallet, eventually i expect chip and pin to be used and of course an app can do this.

One thing they should do is enable contactless payments on the tills in the ground, would save a lot of time if people didn't have to piss about with cash.

I was surprised when I bought my ticket for Saturday that I couldn't just have it uploaded to my card. Would have seemed the logical option.

One thing they should do is enable contactless payments on the tills in the ground, would save a lot of time if people didn't have to piss about with cash.
Dalrymple mentioned a while back that this will be introduced. Didn't give a timescale though.

Criminals can scan you chip and pin without you taking it out of your wallet, eventually i expect chip and pin to be used and of course an app can do this.
With the advent of Apple/Android Pay you can do that​ now and criminals can't get your card details, even if they somehow intercept and read the transaction.

Eventually I see the Smart Card being an app like you say. It'll use NFC the same as Apple/Android Pay and you'll just have to switch NFC on and wake your phone and hold it up to a reader at the turnstile. That will work and the technology already exists to do it right now. The readers would still have to accept regular smart cards or tickets if (old) people preferred that option though.

Of course the technology exists to do it, as airlines and various other industries have proven for long periods.

What you seem to have ignored from what I was saying is that it isn't possible at the moment at Molineux because the hardware they have installed in the turnstiles can only scan something that is inserted into the slot.

Having seen the inability of some fans to struggle to even get into the ground with a season ticket card. I dread to think of the queues if they had to load up a QR/Barcode on their phone to scan to gain entry.

Oh Lord no please......Finding a seat by using A-Z and then 1-whatever number seems to trouble a lot of folks in the Steve Bull.

Having sat in North bank the other day I can't believe how shit Steve Bull is. For getting a drink or going toilet, or generally having an inch to stand in before or during the game. Plus the seats are bigger, with more leg room.

Irrespective of arguments surrounding whether we should expand the ground, the Steve Bull is rapidly becoming unfit for purpose. The congestion outside pre-match is ridiculous now and inside it's showing its age more than our Paul Ince/Colin Cameron midfield did in 2005/6.

I first went in the Steve Bull in 2008, and even 10 years ago it was unfit for purpose. The concourse is a joke.

I would think the Steve Bull is the first to get refurbed and wouldn't be surprised if it was done at the end of the season.

Been in the Steve Bull Lower 4 times this season and I agree, it's aged about as well as Alan Brazil.

Although the atmosphere is really good in there this season - better than I've ever known it, and I've been in there when it had red seats.

Chap on Twitter who seems to know what he's going on about has suggested that (from Director level) the North Bank will be turned in to a "Kop" with greater capacity and wrap around in to the Steve Bull.

That's confused me. I think he might mean the South Bank?

He does.

Rumour is three two-tier stands round in a horseshoe, with the South Bank a huge one tier stand.

Chap on Twitter who seems to know what he's going on about has suggested that (from Director level) the North Bank will be turned in to a "Kop" with greater capacity and wrap around in to the Steve Bull.

That's confused me. I think he might mean the South Bank?

Doesn't sound like he knows what is going on at all.

The Steve Bull is almost 40 years old now, it's no surprise it is starting to creak, especially as it is full a lot more often now.

Back