• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

OK!!

So 30% of that fee after 1 year, not bad, more fool Porto!

Buyout clause is what the player can pay to get out of his contract and sign for whoever he wants on a free.

Not a release clause.

Weren't WBA trying to sign Gibson from M'bro for £25m in the summer? Boly is twice the defender Gibson is
Yep. Just a simple case of British players being over priced and Porto needing £££ and Uncle Jorge being a good lad for us.

Is the 'x number of English, x number of club trained players in a match day squad' a real thing or just on fm18? Gotta be honest it's caused me some problems.

Not too many mind, I'm on 104 points with a game to go :coffee:

Is the 'x number of English, x number of club trained players in a match day squad' a real thing or just on fm18? Gotta be honest it's caused me some problems.

I think so. Link here

Its real. Its why Man City were offering daft money for Johnny Evans in the summer

I've just been having a discussion with some Leicester fans about Boly, who they said they wouldn't mind having playing for Leicester. I stated he was better than Wes Morgan and they instantly shot me down because "he's already playing in the Prem and he's won the Premier League".

Thoughts?

I've just been having a discussion with some Leicester fans about Boly, who they said they wouldn't mind having playing for Leicester. I stated he was better than Wes Morgan and they instantly shot me down because "he's already playing in the Prem and he's won the Premier League".

Thoughts?

Djimi Traore won the Champions League.

Wes Morgan is 34 next month for a start, which way do they think he's going to go over the next year or two? Look at the state of Jagielka and Williams this season for Everton (and at their respective peaks they were far better players than Wes Morgan has ever been).

Also by that logic David May >>>> Jamie Carragher.

Who were Blackburn's CBs when they won the league? Was it Berg and Hendry?

Ah no Berg was a RB. Ian Pearce?

Berg switched a lot between RB and CH. Jeff Kenna played some games at RB, Paul Warhurst, Ian Pearce and Tony Gale came in at CH from time to time.

I can't remember if Pearce was any good before I throw his name at them. Wiki says it was him and Hendry most of the time.

No, Ian Pearce was shit. Big tugboat.

Boly as RCB in a 4231 or other 4 at the back formation where he doesn't have as much on his plate in terms of passing, positioning, link-ups would surely be 'insert OTT word here'. Hasn't Wes played there mostly for Leicester. Stick Wes on the left of our formation and how would he do.

Boly as RCB in a 4231 or other 4 at the back formation where he doesn't have as much on his plate in terms of passing, positioning, link-ups would surely be 'insert OTT word here'. Hasn't Wes played there mostly for Leicester. Stick Wes on the left of our formation and how would he do.

About as well as Bennett/Batth probably. Our formation is easy to play in.

About as well as Bennett/Batth probably. Our formation is easy to play in.

I think this is the big thing. IIRC Porto fans generally thought of Boly as Mangala-lite. Playing 3 CBs has allowed all of them to cover each other's weaknesses almost perfectly, and has helped Boly look like the beast he can be.

Was putting some emphasis on the left side and being right footed tbh. Only Miranda and Boly have played there so can't compare the other two. Shouldn't matter much but have you tried playing wrong side of your weak foot :D?

Back