• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

A fantastic read. Italia 90 is my first real recollection of watching football. Amazing to look back and see a Wolves player from Division 2 there with the likes of Gazza, Lineker, Waddle etc...

so apparently now we have a sleeve sponsor !!! whats all this frigging shirt advertising about ? do we really need the amount of money this will generate ? Yes, if Morgan still owned us probably, but not now surely. Makes us look cheapskates !

so apparently now we have a sleeve sponsor !!! whats all this frigging shirt advertising about ? do we really need the amount of money this will generate ? Yes, if Morgan still owned us probably, but not now surely. Makes us look cheapskates !

200.gif

Loved that interview, seeing Bully come on and score against Scotland after what we'd been through over the few years prior was equally surreal and wonderful.

Random one - I've just arrived in Barcelona for a family trip and gone up the stairs in the apartments, first person I see is a guy in a wolves shirt! As i said to my father in laws, we're everywhere, the best club in the world!

Random one - I've just arrived in Barcelona for a family trip and gone up the stairs in the apartments, first person I see is a guy in a wolves shirt! As i said to my father in laws, we're everywhere, the best club in the world!

And I've just been to Center Parcs in the Lake District and the only football shirt I saw was a Wolves one! :D

I'll be in Porto & Lisbon in August...I'll be wearing some sort of Wolves top/t-shirt in the hope that it gets recognised by the locals due to our new found fame in Portugal.

Dunno if it's the right bit of the forum to post it on,but the sun says Newcastle and west brom interested in signing Connor coady

Dunno if it's the right bit of the forum to post it on,but the sun says Newcastle and west brom interested in signing Connor coady

For £7m no less. I think Coady's had a great start to the season but if Newcastle want to spend that on Coady then we should be snapping their hands off.

Agreed. He's at his peak right now, and if we go up he's probably going to struggle.

So sell him in the summer, not January.

If the offer's there on the 1st Jan we should take it. Stupid to hold on to players that are at their peak value and are unlikely to play in the long term. If we are at the top of the league then there wouldn't be too much trouble getting players in.

For £7m no less. I think Coady's had a great start to the season but if Newcastle want to spend that on Coady then we should be snapping their hands off.

I wouldn't. He's worth a lot to us in his present form, especially with his leadership skills. We don't need the money, the most important thing is winning promotion and Coady is playing a key role in our excellent start to the season.

Not saying he's worth that much, only that promotion is worth far more, and we need him to continue playing the way he is. No need to sell.

I wouldn't. He's worth a lot to us in his present form, especially with his leadership skills. We don't need the money, the most important thing is winning promotion and Coady is playing a key role in our excellent start to the season.

Not saying he's worth that much, only that promotion is worth far more, and we need him to continue playing the way he is. No need to sell.

I should have caveated that with the story is basically put out by his agent to get a new deal at the club/ raise his wages. Agents do it all the time when teams are doing well (or not in the case of Mesut Ozil).

I'd still sell him as an upgrade wouldn't be hard to find, and one that is prem ready too. As you say wages are unlikely to be a problem and we should always want to better the squad.

He's only just signed a new deal anyway.

I'll be in Porto & Lisbon in August...I'll be wearing some sort of Wolves top/t-shirt in the hope that it gets recognised by the locals due to our new found fame in Portugal.

Believe me there will be lots of interest! I recently came back from Madeira and nearly every waiter/barman/police officer/border control etc was interested! Lots of goodwill towards Wolves.

Yeah, it won't be too difficult to improve on Coady tbh, and £7m is a lot of money

Doherty is in the provisional squad for Irelands World Cup Play Off games v Denmark

MON on Matt Doherty: "He's playing well for Wolves, so I'd hadn't forgotten about him."

I don't much fancy spending January scrabbling around for a centre half (who can play the exact same role Coady can, and deliver the same leadership on and off the park) when we already have two key areas to work on. Centre half is sorted for this season, we don't need the money right now, leave it well alone. Sort it in the summer when you have four months rather than four weeks, selling established first teamers for no reason in the middle of the campaign is crazy.

I have no problem with us being ruthless if we go up and cutting anyone loose that we don't fancy will make it, that's what we should have done in 2009. But we aren't there yet.

Back