• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Not a chance I would sell Coady at the moment hes vital to the way we play and we don't have anyone else similar in the squad. If we have a replacement lined up then fair enough but hes been a massive player for us on and off the pitch.

I would like to see how a 3 of Hause, Miranda and Boly does but I still think Coady has a huge role to play this season.

Big no from me.

I hope he doesn't play him at LB. :uhoh2:

Stephen Ward my Lord has that spot sealed for as long as he is fit at the moment, I think you'll be ok.

If he did decide to go three at the back then I guess it'd be a straight choice between Doherty and Christie for RWB, however I don't think MON does that very much these days and even if he did, Ireland's wingbacks would have to defend a hell of a lot more than Wolves' typically are expected to.

Doherty does get in a lot of these provisional squads because MON picks anything up to 50 players. I don't think he's made the final cut yet.

Stephen Ward my Lord has that spot sealed for as long as he is fit at the moment, I think you'll be ok.

If he did decide to go three at the back then I guess it'd be a straight choice between Doherty and Christie for RWB, however I don't think MON does that very much these days and even if he did, Ireland's wingbacks would have to defend a hell of a lot more than Wolves' typically are.

Doherty does get in a lot of these provisional squads because MON picks anything up to 50 players. I don't think he's made the final cut yet.

How do you rate our chances in the play-off? I didn't much attention to Denmark in the qualifiers, I know they've got one or two stand out players, but we look more physical and dangerous from set-plays than we have done for a while. Although we weren't great against Wales and Moldova in the last 2 games...

Best draw you could have got and without wishing to sit on the fence, I genuinely think it's 50:50. They haven't got much in an attacking sense beyond Eriksen and Dolberg.

The Wales game was horrible to watch but in fairness, you did a number on them. That was the job that needed doing.

Your keeper worries me, I don't rate him at all.

I don't much fancy spending January scrabbling around for a centre half (who can play the exact same role Coady can, and deliver the same leadership on and off the park) when we already have two key areas to work on. Centre half is sorted for this season, we don't need the money right now, leave it well alone. Sort it in the summer when you have four months rather than four weeks, selling established first teamers for no reason in the middle of the campaign is crazy.

I have no problem with us being ruthless if we go up and cutting anyone loose that we don't fancy will make it, that's what we should have done in 2009. But we aren't there yet.

Agreed, this isn't football manager. Team is doing well, why sell a player who is established and has a reportoire with his teammates?

If the goal/assumption is to go up, why would you want to go shopping in the championship winter window for a replacement anyway? Accept that you'll get a bit less money from a summer transfer if it comes to that, don't dally with your team giving you a solid march toward promotion, and worry about upgrades in the summer when able to attract better candidates.

I wouldn’t sell him in the summer either. I thought he wasn’t going to be any good at higher level, not being a natural CB and all, but he didn’t look out of place against City.

I’d have him in my team in the PL if we go up, unless we can get someone better obviously. But if we had Boly - Coady - Hause, as the back 3. You couldn’t moan about that

We don't need the money & will make no difference to what we do in the Jan window.

He's been good this season & if/assuming we go up could still do a job as a squad member in the Premier.

If there is better out there that we can get then fine, but really not a priority at this time. He seems happy & settled so no need to even contemplate any change.

After Tuesday I'm much more optimistic about Coady stepping up to the Prem.

Bring on Coady v Lukaku then - should be fun!

If he did decide to go three at the back then I guess it'd be a straight choice between Doherty and Christie for RWB, however I don't think MON does that very much these days and even if he did, Ireland's wingbacks would have to defend a hell of a lot more than Wolves' typically are expected to.

Listening on the radio last night the vibes seem to be he might make it this time, only 9 defenders have been named, including Paul McShane (ffs) and an old John O'Shea both I would have behind the Doc, along with that all the likely back 4 are on a yellow card, and as we all know he can cover both sides.

So if we get a card happy ref in the first leg and/or a few injuries, we could be relying on the gloved one carrying us to Russia.

we could be relying on the gloved one carrying us to Russia.

CB74hrxVIAA1BWe.png

So is he going to be a killer then and drive us all crazy with a kiss from a rose? (Look I know that last bit makes no sense,but they're the only 3 seal records I know,for the puns on his name)

So is he going to be a killer then and drive us all crazy with a kiss from a rose? (Look I know that last bit makes no sense,but they're the only 3 seal records I know,for the puns on his name)

Klum on now, you should have said we're on a Heidi-ing to nothing, surely?

Back