• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I didn't get to post after the Villa game but Neves was exceptional - my MOTM. He'd walk into my number 1 choice for CM if we re-did the best Wolves XI. I love the guy.

Same here. I remember hearing reports from the Forest game that Neves didn't have the best match, I watched it the next day on WolvesTV and he was outrageously good.

If you love football then you love Ruben Neves.

If you love football then you love Ruben Neves.

giphy.gif

That's a signature just waiting to be used.

Saiss <3

Love that we have 2 of the top 5

This one?

champ-away-at-stad-17.png

Isn't that showing the average away fans brought to Molineux? Which is why Norwich and Boro are near the bottom as they're bloody miles away from anywhere and so often get low travelling supports coming to visit.

Barnsley top as it's easy to get to and they give away massive allocations.

Yep, its fans visiting our stadium rather than our away following

Oh, ok.

From a small sample size it doesn't help that we've played Brentford and Burton away and they're two of the lowest allocations in the league.

champ-away-17-181.png

Blues v Wolves moved to a Monday night, December 4 - Live on Sky

Its as if they watched us last week and thought, fuck we need these on more!

Oh, ok.

From a small sample size it doesn't help that we've played Brentford and Burton away and they're two of the lowest allocations in the league.

The more interesting table to me would be % of allocation taken up rather than number of fans. You could then see who supports away the most. Not sure where that figure would be though.

The more interesting table to me would be % of allocation taken up rather than number of fans. You could then see who supports away the most. Not sure where that figure would be though.

Of the 6 away games it is only Hull we haven't sold out.

QPR is all but a sell out and Norwich will join Hull in the not sold out list. Can't imagine why people don't fancy a Tuesday night trek down to Norwich

It's all shite anyway....

If we play Burton on a Tuesday night and Norwich on a Saturday we suddenly have a higher attendance as we would have sold out both, instead we only sell out Burton.

Whatever the number statistics indicate - support this season has been brilliant

The fact that we took 1500 to Southampton in the Caribou :) cup on a Tuesday night for a competition we haven't taken seriously in years is a testament to that

Whatever the number statistics indicate - support this season has been brilliant

The fact that we took 1500 to Southampton in the Caribou :) cup on a Tuesday night for a competition we haven't taken seriously in years is a testament to that

And what a great atmosphere there was! I wouldn't say support is 'better' this year if that makes sense, the fans have been incredibly patient these past couple of years but the club have upped their game massively off the field as well as on the field and that has contributed to the increased attendances definitely. He may or may not give a shit but Darymple gives off a really good message as opposed to Moxey's style.

The league have deliberately scheduled long journeys for midweek so that shorter ones are for weekends and therefore more fans make them. I can see what they are trying to do but seems a bit arse about tit to me.

The league have deliberately scheduled long journeys for midweek so that shorter ones are for weekends and therefore more fans make them. I can see what they are trying to do but seems a bit arse about tit to me.

Yep, it's total bollocks. Longer trips on a Saturday as public transport to them should be much easier and short trips in the midweek as there isn't as much of a need for early and late transport would make more sense

The away attendance figures are completely skewed by the clubs we have so far visited. Only Derby gave an allocation much in excess of 2000, with Brentford and Burton much less.

The figures will even up somewhat as the season runs on. 3000 or thereabouts at QPR, and 4000 at Reading will start to redress the balance.

The acid test for our away figures will be places like Boro and Sunderland, plus Millwall on Boxing Day.

Yeah I went to sheff Utd as it’s relatively close on a week day so that blows the theory out the water. Norwich is a definite no go though and I probably wouldn’t go on a weekend as East Anglia is just a bitch anyway.

The away attendance figures are completely skewed by the clubs we have so far visited. Only Derby gave an allocation much in excess of 2000, with Brentford and Burton much less.

The figures will even up somewhat as the season runs on. 3000 or thereabouts at QPR, and 4000 at Reading will start to redress the balance.

The acid test for our away figures will be places like Boro and Sunderland, plus Millwall on Boxing Day.

Boro is on Good Friday and Sunderland is last game of the season so I’m pretty optimistic we’ll take a good following to both - if we are in the promotion spots Sunderland will be hard to get tickets for ...

Back