• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Think thats a terrific piece, thoughtful and thought provoking. The papers in the States look to be far higher quality than our scandal rags if that is the standard, no hysterics, not many cliches, real facts, how come they can do it about what is a minority sport over there,while ours can barely string 2 sentences together

Cracking piece

Rory Smith is easily one of the best football writers. I need to read his 'Mister' book which I've just bought

3rd kit shown off, looks very nice!

DGeUQP3XsAEAmUh.jpg

Like the idea of it.

Clever to make it a limited run.

Got quite a laugh out of this between The Duck and Gladon:

3d7d1e14dbbd8e8586cf00edc0e691ee.jpg

You must have had to be there...

Ladies and gentlemen, a contender for worst article of the year.

b14294348b156dc0512794929c18d306.jpg

There's an outright error or a fallacy in virtually every paragraph.

A good start with 2 errors in the first 3 paragraphs

That's got to be a wind up article surely. It reads like something from The Onion or Waterford Whispers.

That's hilarious. I'm presuming the writer thought it was a comedy piece?

Signed from weak European leagues...

Yeah good one!

I *sort* of understand people wondering if he can last the length of the season. On that front, this will be the most amount of games he's played. And we will expect him to play more games in quick succession than he's ever done before. Certainly at some point this season his performances may drop off and we'll need to rest him. But I don't think that's specific to him being Portguese or a £15m sigining. It happens every season at every club - Alex Iwobi at Arsenal last season springs to mind. Came in to the side early doors, was young/enthusiastic and a bit of a revelation. But then got knackered, lost a bit of form and was eventually benched for a few games. It happens.

However, that's not the same as "can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Barnsley". For me, it doesn't matter what day of the week it is, how cold it is or where we're playing - Ruben Neves will still be a better footballer and "up for the fight" compared to the majority of cloggers in this division.

As a Wolves fan, my main concern is having the quality to come in to replace Neves in the periods where he may need a rest. At the moment we only really have Jack Price in there who could do an adequate job. It's important that as and when we do rest our key players, the replacements can come in and keep our level up.

right, bit of a strange one but it seems my season ticket card is setting off alarms in shops!
woman just scanned my wallet in superdrug and the only new thing in was the card...it's happened in 3 shops now.....pretty embarrassing

right, bit of a strange one but it seems my season ticket card is setting off alarms in shops!
woman just scanned my wallet in superdrug and the only new thing in was the card...it's happened in 3 shops now.....pretty embarrassing

that'll be an FFP alert!

that'll be an FFP alert!
ha ha...
Owe Wolves an apology,after it going off again in another shop I decided to get everything scanned in my wallet.
Lurking at the back was a new virgin credit card the missus had put in and twas the culprit after all.
A good reason to never take it out again I reckon.

Update on the Sir Jack statue

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20170807-sir-jack-statue-update/

Wolves Managing Director Laurie Dalrymple said: “The statue is such an important piece of work which is going to be a lasting legacy to Sir Jack’s immeasurable impact both to Wolves and Wolverhampton, that we have to make sure it is a true representation of the great man."

Does that mean it didn't look like him?

Back