• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I know nothing about him, why do some people not like him?

Lycan only likes Proper Football Men and doesn't trust the laptop generation ;)

:icon_lol:

I'm all for progressive football but Cathro is fucking buffoon. I've never seen anyone so out of his depth at a football club than Cathro at Hearts and I include Dean Saunders at Wolves in that.

I wonder if this documentary is the reason* why Nuno has pretty much avoided Tim & the E&S all pre-season?

*Or should I say partly the reason

I'm all for progressive football but Cathro is fucking buffoon. I've never seen anyone so out of his depth at a football club than Cathro at Hearts and I include Dean Saunders at Wolves in that.

Don't know anything about him myself, can you be more specific about why he's such an idiot?

Management obviously wasn't his thing, but as a coach he is very highly rated, would be an excellent addition to the Wolves team with the bonus of having worked with Nuno before .. bit low bunching him in with Saunders, even at management ..

Away at Sheff Utd moved from Tuesday 26th to Wedneday 27th of September

Where have they got this cunt from?!

Wolverhampton Wanderers

With the amount of money spent, automatic promotion should be a realistic expectation. However, this is Wolves and we are used to disappointment. The Chinese owners said they had learned from the mistakes of last year, so it’s strange that they have done exactly the same as in 2016 – sacked a British manager, appointed an overseas ex-goalkeeper, signed a whole raft of new players (many of whom are clients of Jorge Mendes), broken our transfer record, neglected to sign a recognised goalscorer. What was Einstein’s definition of madness?

One to watch: Rúben Neves is – at the time of writing – the Championship’s most expensive signing ever. With his silky skills and Champions League pedigree, there is anticipation but also bewilderment at the prospect of seeing him in a Wolves shirt. Why on Earth has he agreed to come to Molineux? Is this just Mendes and Fosun grandstanding? How effective, and indeed willing, is he going to be on wet nights at the less glamorous grounds in the Championship? If he lives up to his billing, he could be the man to lead us back up to where we like to believe we belong. James Allen

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/04/championship-fans-clubs-preview-season-2017-2018

I'm sick of reading these ass-hats all trotting out the same cliched "Will they be able to perform on a wet night in x (substitute any name of some place considered grim)". I swear they all share the same fucking brain... I guess Neves and Jota have never played in a game where it has rained before...

Loved Steve McLaren this morning on his assessment of Wolves. 'One to watch is Helder Costa, loved his goal at Liverpool, where he ran the whole length of the pitch before dribbling past three and scoring'

Good move for him. Think he could stick in a hatful.

Back