• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'll happily do a one on one debate with Britney, any time he likes.

I don't abuse him, I just point out when he's wrong. Which is quite often.
I would love to see that, as would most of TWF im sure.

It's fine between a couple of normal blokes on Twitter, but not what you'd expect from a professional journalist.
Like you say it's tweeted out on an E&S verified Twitter account. Not a personal one.

I often wonder with Wolves trying to expand their global brand what our new (or old) fans around the World wonder about the banter and in-jokes, when all they want it solid news. This applies to the Wolves official account which can slip time to time also.

Spiers makes that many ignorant, factually incorrect and downright idiotic comments that abusing him is actually harder than holding him to account and totally unecessary

I really dont think the Express and Star have an issue with his conduct because his handle is an E&S one with the _star that all their journalists have.

That's the point. It is official. So when he acts like a dick he is dragging their name through the mud. And like you say, they don't seem to care.

He makes Nash look like Watergate standard.

I quite like Judah, but I like Bill Howell, so what do I know?

Spiers has a job that puts him in a lot of no-win situations, but his unprofessional tendencies and his constant insertion of snarky editorials into his "updates" make him little more than the sports journo version of Fox News.

Have only listened to the first 15 minutes of the podcast, but Britney sounds a right clown.

Making howling wolf noises throughout, having a pop at Nuno by saying other managers gave them time "but he doesn't want to speak to me" and then saying that we need to sell to buy now as the budget has gone on Neves. I genuinely think he has zero info on what's going on, and is throwing his toys out of the pram.

Have only listened to the first 15 minutes of the podcast, but Britney sounds a right clown.

Making howling wolf noises throughout, having a pop at Nuno by saying other managers gave them time "but he doesn't want to speak to me" and then saying that we need to sell to buy now as the budget has gone on Neves. I genuinely think he has zero info on what's going on, and is throwing his toys out of the pram.

On his video thing with Judah after yesterdays match he was saying that he'd love to get Nuno's view on the game "but he won't talk to me". Now two things here Britney, #1; the manager said he wouldn't be making ANY comments on the Austria trip until after the third game and #2; If you weren't such an absolute dick with no journalistic credibility Wolves MIGHT just involve you a little more but if you continue to write the anti foreigner crap that you spew then expect to be out in the cold forever

Didn't know where to post this so here will do. On Friday, I attended an evening with Steve Bull and Don Goodman in Pattingham - the event raised money for Birmingham Children's Hospital.

What a superb night. They were both fantastic, Goodman in particular is a very talented speaker and had us in stitches. Some of the anecdotes were great and meeting them afterwards was brilliant.

I've met Bully before a few times but I'd not met Goodman. Both were more than happy to have a chinwag, sign stuff, pose for photos etc. There was a big group of us from Stourbridge Wolves (and 1 Albion fan!) and we had the best time, all for a worthy cause.

Felt like death warmed up yesterday mind you.
e81bf9af3b9ea61a23b93583752dd16d.jpg
1c3eea097d06224e6090416549b7d07e.jpg
88a98cdac45eef1d34da15c83c9f87d2.jpg
748af4c7d6125143d43bbdfd31ccc16b.jpg

Why did you change your shirt between meeting Don and Bully?

You should have canvassed them for votes for the Worst XI.

Randomly met Goodman in a pub in penkridge a couple of weeks ago, really nice guy and didn't mind me at all interrupting him :)

Not a difficult one to work out for Don :icon_lol:

Also - Goodman has a lot of reservations about the new direction at the club. He's convinced that we need more Championship experience, and that success via the methods we're trying is very much a rarity.

I don't agree with him - Bully appeared to agree but not as passionately. (Don did say he'd love to be proven wrong and have the piss ripped out of him for being a doom merchant to be fair to him!)

Not a difficult one to work out for Don :icon_lol:
Mate - if you were doing a live Q&A about Saunders, I doubt you could muster the same level of vitriol as both of them did for McGhee :icon_lol:

Back