• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

You will have seen the story about Fosun being looked at by the Chinese banking authorities: given the level of corporate and inter-linked debt in China I'd say this has the potential to be worrying http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40365393 Then again, Xi Jinping is apparently a big football fan...

Fosun shares down 7%,news reaches Hong Kong stock market,Kevin thelwell is still in charge of wolves player recruitment!

Fosun shares down 7%,news reaches Hong Kong stock market,Kevin thelwell is still in charge of wolves player recruitment!

At one point Fosun shares dropped by 9%, compared to their 12 month high. Though the drop in share prices is probably more to do with Fosun losing out on a gem mining takeover bid rather than anything to do with any possible investigation.

At one point Fosun shares dropped by 9%, compared to their 12 month high. Though the drop in share prices is probably more to do with Fosun losing out on a gem mining takeover bid rather than anything to do with any possible investigation.

It was the investigation, Frank - shares in Fosun and two or three other companies were down on the news. Anyway, I'm now going over to the transfer thread to see news of our new £20m signing...

It was the investigation, Frank - shares in Fosun and two or three other companies were down on the news. Anyway, I'm now going over to the transfer thread to see news of our new £20m signing...

Fosun are still trading higher than at this point 12 months ago.

From the Financial Times. Just sabre rattling by the Chinese government?

The Chinese government has just launched an apparent crackdown on a small number of large conglomerates known in the west chiefly for their aggressive dealmaking. The list includes Dalian Wanda, Anbang, Fosun and HNA Group.

The news that Chinese banking regulators have asked lenders to examine their exposure to these companies has sent the stocks of groups wholly or partly owned by these conglomerates tumbling in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Obviously, the market was caught by surprise. But it should not be. A moment of reflection should reveal the overpowering logic of such a crackdown.

The immediate trigger is Beijing’s growing alarm over the risks in China’s financial sector and attempt to cut capital outflows. In late April, President Xi Jinping convened a politburo meeting specifically focused on stability in the financial system. Foreshadowing the crackdown, he ordered that those “financial crocodiles” that destabilise China’s financial system must be punished.

While Mr Xi did not name those financial crocodiles, it is not hard to find Chinese tycoons fitting this description: those who have borrowed recklessly and bought expensive overseas assets with abandon. A crackdown on such behaviour is not only long overdue, but also can serve multiple purposes. As the Chinese saying goes, you slaughter a chicken to warn the monkeys.

Making an example of China’s wealthiest tycoons can have an instant and powerful deterrent effect and rein in overly aggressive business practices endangering the stability in China’s overleveraged and under-regulated financial sector. But the political benefits of a clampdown on Chinese tycoons, so far overlooked by most observers, are likely to be even more significant.

Can I check...is he promising the world (again)?

With the player movements so far and the additional backroom staff in today along with the interview it looks like Jeff means business. I think we're going to be very happy with the incomings and we'll be miles better than last season (which isn't difficult). Feels like the start of the revolution.

The dreaded Jeff Vote of Confidence for Nuno already! Nigel Pearson by time of kick off :icon_lol:

He's saying all the right things but until a first key signing is made we won't know just how serious he is. I maintain I think there will be at least 2 biggies this week and Jeff gets the bandwagon going. Right departures too Saville and Wallace had no future here hopefully EEL, Edwards,Doc and Edwards will follow possibly Bath and Ikeme too.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He's saying all the right things but until a first key signing is made we won't know just how serious he is. I maintain I think there will be at least 2 biggies this week and Jeff gets the bandwagon going. Right departures too Saville and Wallace had no future here hopefully EEL, Edwards,Doc and Edwards will follow possibly Bath and Ikeme too.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Did you miss us signing Miranda?

Back