• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Did you miss us signing Miranda?
Not at all but it's not in the same bracket as costa for example, especially with Jeff saying money isn't an issue I am expecting a Talisca style signing. Don't get me wrong I have high hopes for Miranda but I hope for a more exciting signing if that makes sense.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Costa was a bit low key when we signed him tbf. Saiss and Cav were the two biggies from last summer (and as odd as it sounds now, arguably CBJ to an extent). Tex was the immediate hit (shame it all tailed off). Then Helder took over.

Costa was a bit low key when we signed him tbf. Saiss and Cav were the two biggies from last summer (and as odd as it sounds now, arguably CBJ to an extent). Tex was the immediate hit (shame it all tailed off). Then Helder took over.

Remember when the season started it was all about Tex and nothing about Helder.

Made the mistake of reading the Brentford (H) verdict thread.

Fuck's sake. We were all completely sold on the team after that performance.

Teixeira especially just looked so good that day. Jesus, I'm almost teared up watching the highlights. Last season could and should have gone so much better.

Have just heard that the club are in talks to buy Telford United outright, anyone else heard this story?

Maybe someone's got their wires crossed, and it's more something like buying Telford's ground outright for the U23s, rather than renting it?

That said, they've just announced their manager, his assistant, and the club's chairman have all left as well, so clearly something's happening there.

Fixture changes (not TV related)

v Millwall (a) 26th Dec. Moved to 1pm Kick Off (Police advice)

v Norwich (h) Moved from Tuesday 20th Feb to Wed 21st Feb (Norwich game v Ipswich moved to the Sunday so change requested)

v Birmingham (h). Moved from Saturday 14th April to Sunday 15th April. 1pm Kick Off (Police Advice)

Maybe someone's got their wires crossed, and it's more something like buying Telford's ground outright for the U23s, rather than renting it?

That said, they've just announced their manager, his assistant, and the club's chairman have all left as well, so clearly something's happening there.

And now Rob Edwards has been appointed their new manager.

Maybe there's something to this rumour?

I'm surprised he's gone as a manager in the second level of none league. I thought he'd go back to youth coach of a league side.

I'm surprised he's gone as a manager in the second level of none league. I thought he'd go back to youth coach of a league side.

He must see his strength as tactical theory rather than individual player development. I expect he will be found out quite early.

Tim seems to think we are setting up closer links that will see players go on loan..

Also chucked in this "Edwards was highly rated at Wolves but didn't fit in with the new regime

Put that through a troll translator and you get "Edwards was highly rated at Wolves but the new head coach wanted his own team so his job ended"

Sounds like there has been some major investment at AFC Telford - are they Wolverhampton Wanderers B ?

Tim seems to think we are setting up closer links that will see players go on loan..

Also chucked in this "Edwards was highly rated at Wolves but didn't fit in with the new regime

Put that through a troll translator and you get "Edwards was highly rated at Wolves but the new head coach wanted his own team so his job ended"

Interesting development but would Wolves fringe players be looking to play at a higher level.

Interesting development but would Wolves fringe players be looking to play at a higher level.

For the yoot I think this will be good. Proper competitive matches rather than effectively reserve games. But yeah, it shouldn't be anything other than getting match sharpness for fringe players

It will be players going from U18 to the U23 squad....maybe Doherty as well.

Back