• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Surely all it will be is a strong link up between the 2 clubs. We give them access to our coaches/training facilities and of course they get to have some of our younger players. Obviously right now it benefits them more now at CN level but we try and help them up to the Conference our U20 players will have access to a decent level.

That's about as much as we will able to do anyway so talking of takeovers is a bit pointless.

Spiers says that his understanding of the deal is that it's just a strengthening of the existing relationship between the two clubs - so we're paying to upgrade the pitch and changing rooms for the benefits of our U23s, and it sounds like one condition of the deal was also taking on Edwards as manager so we can trust any players we send to them on loan will be coached in a way we can trust. The chairman leaving seems to be unrelated, or at least irrelevant, as the BBC article makes clear that the ownership structure is unchanged, this isn't any kind of "takeover", which makes more sense. Wires crossed in the rumour mill I guess, although there's a figure of £120,000 being mentioned, which would seem to be really good value relative to the cost of building an entirely new youth team stadium from scratch.

Wolves 'back office' organisation continuing to improve

Wolves Membership Smart Card received today well before the season start rather than well after as it did last year forcing me to either pay the £1.50 charge for my early match tickets or print at home, half of which don't work in the turnstiles properly.

I had my MyWolves card through the post a couple of weeks ago now.

I had my MyWolves card through the post a couple of weeks ago now.

Mine's probably later as the initial letter of my surname is almost at the end of the alphabet - still a lot earlier than they managed last season

Is Afobe done at Bournemouth now they have signed Defoe. ? Hypothetically of course but would he come back here ?

Not sure I'd be happy having him back tbh. Plus, can't help feeling he's not shown as much as he could have since he moved there.

Same as last year - not initially invited but may well feature if other academies decline the invitation.

Same as last year - not initially invited but may well feature if other academies decline the invitation.

Yep, we benefitted as some of the Academies couldn't take part as they had already arranged things for their U23 squads during the 1st round and about 5 pulled out and we were one of the last to be invited in.

They should have longed off Stoke for playing the likes of Imbula, Crouch and Bojan last season (still couldn't beat Bury at home doing that). Give the spot to someone who'll use it properly.

Aye...The teams that were committed and played last season should have had first refusal

I don't agree with U21 teams featuring in it at all TBH but on the flip side it was excellent experience for our lads.

I'd be a bit pissed off if I supported a lower league team and lost to Chelsea U21s at Wembley.

Back