• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Can't remember which club, but I'm sure I read recently they had someone employed just to watch their loan players. Probably Chelsea or Man City.

All clubs in the top 2 divisions employ people to look at their own loan players. It depends on the structure but in the top divisions it is usually youth team scouts/ coaches that aren't at youth team games as they are generally not playing at the same time as the first team.

The top clubs have always employed (at least in the last decade) first team scouts to go and watch their own loan players as it gives them the advantage of watching the other team too.

I think the loan players at Chelsea are overseen by Jody Morris (who was a right little scrote but seems to have turned over a new leaf).

Wallace obviously has no future here and if he does ok at Millwall they'll probably sign him, there's not much to observe.

Wallace obviously has no future here and if he does ok at Millwall they'll probably sign him, there's not much to observe.
Plus, would you really want to go to Millwall to watch him?

...and discuss (I'm off to hide in a bunker)

Championship Stats‏ @Champstat
David Edwards (101) is the only @SkyBetChamp player to have won more than 100 tackles this season.

How many chasing after his own crap first touch...

Seriously he did play well for a while in the deeper role when we moved to 4-2-3-1. The best I've ever seen him in a Wolves shirt over a prolonged period. However a) we aren't playing him there now, he's back at #10 where the requirements are different and he can't fulfil them and b) he isn't playing well or indeed doing anything now.

Also, I believe at one stage (might still be the case) Batth had made the most clearances in the league. Not really an endorsement though is it.

Probably 90% of Batth's clearances could be passing opportunities for a better footballer though.

Similar to what DW said about Edwards with some of them will be when his 2nd or 3rd touch was a tackle, as the old saying goes. Both a bit skewed, surely.

Forest at home (Tue 4th April) - STHs can buy up to three extra tickets @ £5 apiece.

Decent deal that. Need more of these for night matches.

Anyone want a ticket getting??

Does anyone know..
This Wolfpack membership thing where you pick 3 "free" matches.
I see on the website the option for "WP Free" in the drop down menu but my question is, does the website automatically know when you have
used those games up?

Can I add.... 'Gary Rowett was in the stands today' to the many true myths at Wolves like 'Bergkamp has brought a house in Perton Ridge, or seen outside Asda'

Can I add.... 'Gary Rowett was in the stands today' to the many true myths at Wolves like 'Bergkamp has brought a house in Perton Ridge, or seen outside Asda'
Tim Spiers says he wasn't. Baffles me in this age where everyone has a camera phone that no photographic proof every emerges.

Tim Spiers says he wasn't. Baffles me in this age where everyone has a camera phone that no photographic proof every emerges.

Because someone made it up so there can't be any evidence....

Everyones favourite gloved full back named in Ireland's provisional squad for games with Iceland & Wales.

Its a 39 man squad so chances of him coming up against Gareth Bale are thankfully minimal at the moment

Everyones favourite gloved full back named in Ireland's provisional squad for games with Iceland & Wales.

Its a 39 man squad so chances of him coming up against Gareth Bale are thankfully minimal at the moment

Boooo, would love to see how Doherty copes with playing Bale and against Dangerous as well, would he put a tackle in I wonder?

Back