• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Think that was put up on the south bank Facebook page,the bile spouted about his cut was unbelievable(not really unbelievable,just the usual by keyboard warriors)

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...paul-lambert-eyes-four-vital-summer-signings/

I actually think he talks a fair bit of sense in this article. And I'd agree that 4 main signings - who can come in immediately - is a priority. With a fully fit squad, I'd really like to see the following (and yes - I know I've put 5 signings in but I don't actually think he'll buy a new keeper):

-------------------------New GK-----------------------

Iorfa----------New CB----------Hause-----------New LB

-----------------Saiss----------New CM----------------

Costa-------------------Ronan------------------Cavaleiro

-------------------------New CF------------------------------

We could have Burgoyne/Flatt, Marshall, Evans, Price, Bright, Ennis, Graham, Dicko, Bodvarsson, Gibbs-White, Zyro, Mason, Herc and whichever other young lads are on the cusp of the 1st team in reserve. And I still have some home that we haven't seen the last of Prince Oniangue - we've simply not seen him play in his best position. I hope he gets a bit more of a chance.

That's a much better squad but it really is imperative that we get those signings right. I fully agree with him bringing in these young lads and they'll only improve with 1st team experience but they need better players around them.

The likes of Ikeme, Lonergan, Doherty, Coady, Batth, Stearman, Saville, Edwards, Henry, Ebanks-Landell, Gladon really shouldn't have any place here.

He's got one hell of a job ahead of him - personally I don't think we'll go down, I think we'll pick up enough points between now and the end of the season - it shouldn't have come to this of course, and I said something similar a few years ago but I think the club is in much better shape now than it was then - we just need to get some points on the board and then start the rebuild.

You could put the recalled Prince in the #10 role too

They really rate Doherty - we are looking for an understudy to him. And they want a left sided centre back, so clearly see Batth as the main man still looking forward. I think he sees other areas than we do as the priorities...

The views of this site on Doherty and to a lesser degree Edwards aren't consistent with that of the overall fan base from what you read elsewhere.

They really rate Doherty - we are looking for an understudy to him. And they want a left sided centre back, so clearly see Batth as the main man still looking forward. I think he sees other areas than we do as the priorities...

I think you're right.

I'm not sure they do really rate Doherty, we just don't have anyone else bar stopgaps and a loan player the manager doesn't fancy.

Which is an appalling state of affairs given he isn't even a LB, let alone competent.

The views of this site on Doherty and to a lesser degree Edwards aren't consistent with that of the overall fan base from what you read elsewhere.

I think this is starting to change a little. Fans are starting to see again that Doc can't defend and that Edwards is shit at everything 80% of the time.

FACT - Matt Godden of Stevenage has scored the same amount of goals then the entire Wolves team this calendar year...

does anyone on here go on FB - Wolves-news ?
there really are some numpties on it

does anyone on here go on FB - Wolves-news ?
there really are some numpties on it

It passes the time.

17156097_1897973290480383_8471931432921644130_n.png

there are some complete knobheads on there !!

'why's he dropped Doherty, our best player' !!! one of the most recent comments

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/...tching-performances-millwall-admits-loan-ace/

Jed Wallace saying he's had no contact from Wolves whatsoever whilst at Millwall. Not sure just how much contact does go on during loans though I'd suspect there would be more contact when the loan is to get a player fit, Kightly at Watford for instance than Wallace who is likely playing for a move - so I'm not necessarily beating the club with a stick over this.

Can't remember which club, but I'm sure I read recently they had someone employed just to watch their loan players. Probably Chelsea or Man City.

Can't remember which club, but I'm sure I read recently they had someone employed just to watch their loan players. Probably Chelsea or Man City.
Swansea, Alan Curtis. More of a made up job to not sack him completely though.

Swansea?

"Loan Player Manager" is I think their confusing job title.

Back