• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Brighton game is on Good Friday, 3pm kick off.

Brighton game is on Good Friday, 3pm kick off.
Sky have yet to choose their games for Good Friday, I'd say it's pretty much a given they'll choose this one and we'll play at lunch or tea time

We need a good March points wise, or else April could see us relegated with playing Cardiff (seem to be in form). Brighton, Leeds, Huddersfield & Derby.

And the best for last, Edwards assertion this is the most talented squad during his nine years.

One of the best quotes ('best' as in :facepalm:) was when he said, 'I wish the players would play on matchday the way they do in training'

He's having a fucking laugh!

These guys have never seen each other before let alone train together!

Look at the way they play!

Sky have yet to choose their games for Good Friday, I'd say it's pretty much a given they'll choose this one and we'll play at lunch or tea time

Or they'll move it to Sunday...
and really fuck up any plans that people made to travel.

Nah - there is a full programme on the Monday so there will be no Sunday games.

Have a feeling Brighton or Leeds will be on Sky. When does the schedule get announced?

Actually, may have been premature with this - the 'news' is on an unverified @wolves_academy handle.

That account is spot on most of the time. He posts on here.

Iiiiiiiinteresting. This could well be the beginning of Fosun's shake-up of the backroom staff.

For all that they've said about wanting to invest even more in the academy, I imagine they aren't particularly happy with the results this season for the U18s, even allowing for all the players that have been promoted to the U23s ahead of schedule.

Jerry Gill has been sacked from the U18s.

That would be really sad because for me he is the best football coach at the club. Maybe he has stuck to his principles and wishes to continue playing through the field rather than play hoofball,.

Seems very harsh, most of the decent young players have come through his team - seems to being punished as a lot of the U18s are playing for the U23s or sitting on the 1st team bench.

Iiiiiiiinteresting. This could well be the beginning of Fosun's shake-up of the backroom staff.

For all that they've said about wanting to invest even more in the academy, I imagine they aren't particularly happy with the results this season for the U18s, even allowing for all the players that have been promoted to the U23s ahead of schedule.

For me results in the U18's and U23's aren't the be all and end all. As long as a few make it with the first team that should be the only gauge as to whether the academy is a success or not.

Manchester United recently sacked a guy who had been with the academy for years due to failing results but for me finding a Marcus Rashford every couple of seasons is all what it should be about.

report i've seen suggests he's been 'bullying' some of them

It's for bullying apparently, not results.

Back