• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Apparently, Rob Edward's earpiece is because he gets stats from the gantry on how players are playing and passes them on to Lambert. :facepalm:
I'd have thought it was to liaise with the physio/doctor when they are on the pitch dealing with an injury?

So on what planet are they looking at Edwards stats and thinking 'he's doing a good job' unless it's the distance run??

Yes - it was all over Hause's Instagram (the gig not heavy drinking!).

It really annoys me that professional footballers think it's ok to get smashed, I know how much drinking affects me and my fitness at my amature level.

They're young kids with a stupid amount of money. It amazes me it doesn't happen more often tbh.

There appears to be a lot more restraint regarding these 2 turning up to train drunk/hungover/not in a fit state, compared to previous similar incidents, which is interesting.

Apparently, Rob Edward's earpiece is because he gets stats from the gantry on how players are playing and passes them on to Lambert. :facepalm:

Watching MOTD, I noticed quite a few assistants had ear pieces.
Must admit I thought the purpose was similar to SSB.

So on what planet are they looking at Edwards stats and thinking 'he's doing a good job' unless it's the distance run??

Obviously Lambert and Thelwell think highly of players who can get round the pitch and close down space rather than having an ability to pass the ball as a first priority.

Watching MOTD, I noticed quite a few assistants had ear pieces.
Must admit I thought the purpose was similar to SSB.
I think if someone managed to get a photo of Thelwell sat on the gantry talking into a microphone it might break the internet.

There appears to be a lot more restraint regarding these 2 turning up to train drunk/hungover/not in a fit state, compared to previous similar incidents, which is interesting.

I think its because they are at a much different stage of their careers and much younger, plus not being club captain helps too....

'Passes' them on. The irony.

100% accuracy mind you........

This just adds to my conspiracy theory that we have the wrong data being collected by the wrong people for the wrong purpose. It's like the Morcambe and Wise sketch.

Not directed at anyone on here, but I thought Morgan pocketed all the money from Afobes sale?? No?

Has anyone seen Spiers article today on everyone to blame for our situation?

Zenga, Shi, lack of champ experienced players, lack of champ experienced managers, and the players - particularly the youngsters - who turned up for Stoke, Chelsea and Liverpool but couldn't be fooked against Burton Blues and Wigan and the eight strikers we've played a combination of 147 games to return 13 goals.

Is it me but reading it he seems to be blaming everybody but the Docs, Batths, Ikemes and Edwards.

And the best for last, Edwards assertion this is the most talented squad during his nine years.

Not directed at anyone on here, but I thought Morgan pocketed all the money from Afobes sale?? No?

Has anyone seen Spiers article today on everyone to blame for our situation?

Zenga, Shi, lack of champ experienced players, lack of champ experienced managers, and the players - particularly the youngsters - who turned up for Stoke, Chelsea and Liverpool but couldn't be fooked against Burton Blues and Wigan and the eight strikers we've played a combination of 147 games to return 13 goals.

Is it me but reading it he seems to be blaming everybody but the Docs, Batths, Ikemes and Edwards.

And the best for last, Edwards assertion this is the most talented squad during his nine years.
I guess he did indirectly pocket the money if it were still in the clubs bank account when he sold it as it would have increased the value.

Britney bloody loves those four. Whenever he does his player reviews and we've lost they get an absolutely hilariously generous write up.

His player-by-player end of season summary from last season is still one of the strangest things I've ever seen written about Wolves. You'd have thought we'd finished 4th, not won 4 of our final 20 games (one of them a dead rubber against a literal reserve team).

I've seen him quoted saying that Costa is better than any other player in his time at Wolves. I've not seen him quoted as saying that this is the most talented squad.

I agreed with a lot of his article - though I still maintain that 'championship experience' is a vastly overrated phrase so I disagreed with him there.

But overall I think he makes some good points.

Britney bloody loves those four. Whenever he does his player reviews and we've lost they get an absolutely hilariously generous write up.

His player-by-player end of season summary from last season is still one of the strangest things I've ever seen written about Wolves. You'd have thought we'd finished 4th, not won 4 of our final 20 games (one of them a dead rubber against a literal reserve team).
I think it tells you when he does get any information where it comes from.

I agreed with a lot of his article - though I still maintain that 'championship experience' is a vastly overrated phrase so I disagreed with him there.

But overall I think he makes some good points.

Our starting team on Friday... Ikeme, Coady, Batth, Stearman, Doherty, Price, Saville, Costa, Edwards, Weimann, Bod. That kind of fucks his "no championship experience" arguement as all but 2 have loads and we were shite

Our starting team on Friday... Ikeme, Coady, Batth, Stearman, Doherty, Price, Saville, Costa, Edwards, Weimann, Bod. That kind of fucks his "no championship experience" arguement as all but 2 have loads and we were shite
Yes, that's one part of it - the other part being that you can bring players in without that experience and they CAN make a difference.

We need GOOD players - I'm not too fussed where they came from or what leagues they may or may not have played in previously.

I think it tells you when he does get any information where it comes from.

In fairness I can understand why local journalists would need to hold back sometimes. Like, it's easy for me to call Doherty what I want because I don't answer to anyone and I'm not relying on anyone to feed me information down the line. Probably not a great look if he goes steaming in absolutely slating players.

That said he is WAY too charitable to the old guard. To the point where it's clearly not just trying to be nice because he's limited in what he can write, he actually thinks they're really good - and that casts questions over how much he actually understands football-wise. He said Ikeme's mistake on Friday was a "rare error" or words to that effect, has he not watched the goals we've conceded over the last two seasons when he's been in nets?

Back