• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

£12.50 to get myself in the North Bank. Had Micro wanted to come along it was like pennies for him at 12 years old.

I went last Wednesday to get my ticket and there were only odd singles in the North Bank Upper even then. Looks like the ticketing idea is going to ensure a really good crowd. I applaud that. Will be nice for the Blues fans to see what full stands look like.

Would be great if they came up with some mind blowing idea like.....i dunno, opening the whole of the North Bank now that both ends are full!

Has our local journalist really quoted 3 of Martin Danks old tweets to have a pop at him?

Putting this here, apologies if it's elsewhere or I'm being too optimistic, but there will be goal line technology in the Championship next season

Putting this here, apologies if it's elsewhere or I'm being too optimistic, but there will be goal line technology in the Championship next season

I bloody hope not - it means close calls become a non-event. Destroys the drama and debate for me!

I bloody hope not - it means close calls become a non-event. Destroys the drama and debate for me!

I don't and will never understand this line of thinking. You either want the right decision or not, why debate it to death?

I don't and will never understand this line of thinking. You either want the right decision or not, why debate it to death?

Without want to derail the topic too much: I think football is simply more exciting with the mistakes left in. I think the introduction of goal line tech in the prem has removed an exciting part of the game and made close calls a non-event now.

I guess, in essence, the right result is less exciting than being a bit unsure.

Not sure if we have a separate thread for this discussion? I could write loads about tech and football!

What a bizarre way of thinking. I'd rather more technology got used to look for offside goals etc. I don't want mistakes just so we can talk about them

What a bizarre way of thinking. I'd rather more technology got used to look for offside goals etc. I don't want mistakes just so we can talk about them

I completely agree with more tech where and when available. Goal line tech is the least controversial but I'd be happy for checking validity of penalties etc.

Don't believe Aikiwolf's attempt at fooling you that he's in his 60s - he's not.

Don't believe Aikiwolf's attempt at fooling you that he's in his 60s - he's not.

Hahaha, far from it! And even worse, I work with technology!

Just my view that football is more than just the beautiful arc of the ball as it pings into the top corner, the mistakes add to the excitement in football - even if it can be detrimental to "fairness".

If the technology is available and it works, then have it! It would be strange NOT to use it tbh.

If the technology is available and it works, then have it! It would be strange NOT to use it tbh.

I love the technology use but would want to see the football version of umpires call used . What that would look like I don't know yet. Reviews etc in cricket have changed the game. The point was to remove shockers! Now they are used tactically and many wickets have fallen that would not have been given out prior to reviews. I would noit want that to happen in football reviewing fouls to get players carded or similar tactics can't be good. Technology has a real place but it must be balanced. Its there to remove the shockers. Let a fourth official be the arbiter. If they spot a shocker that is clearly wrong and should be over turned then flag it up. If not stick with goal line and that's it.

They're already trialling video refs to help with decisions. It'll happen sooner rather than later.

Back