• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

To be fair to the Wolves players at Penn Tandoori, if North West Wanderer was taking a picture of me, I'd look that way.

Its overkill. What happened to club legends in the tunnel.. Roll on next season when we'll be able to see Matt Doherty on the cover again, not a Wolf attacking a tube of Smarties or something..

Indeed. Where are the photographs of Wright, Bull, Richards and Munro etc.

Brilliant & clearly not done to gain a psychological advantage either!

Worked well yesterday...

I quite like it but it's a little OTT. Those complaining about the lack of 'legends', history is a hugely important part of our club that should never be forgotten. They should build a museum at the ground to celebrate our past achievements or something.

Worked well yesterday...

I quite like it but it's a little OTT. Those complaining about the lack of 'legends', history is a hugely important part of our club that should never be forgotten. They should build a museum at the ground to celebrate our past achievements or something.
Honestly, do we think Helder knew the name Steve Bull before he signed with us? I doubt it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when the tickets for Reading away, go on general sale? How many tickets have we been allocated and will there be pay on the day?
I am thinking of coming back to the UK, to do 4 or 5 matches.
Thank you.

There's this little known, niche website www.wolves.co.uk which has a tickets section on it. Surprisingly it offers all of the type of information you are looking for, like 2112 and if not a member or STH £23, 25/2 purchase date. Pay on the day isn't ever announced until a day or so before either way.

New 3 1/2 year deal for Evans now too.

Very cool artwork, like it

Madness, the aim is the EPL, if we get there by the end of next season players like Evans will not keep you in it. When Wolves go up if they want to stay up they will need to start thinking big.

New 3 1/2 year deal for Evans now too.

I don't mind Evans but he's proven very little at this level. Why do we keep handing out huge contracts? If it's someone like Helder who is obviously class then fine. Batth, Doherty, Ikeme, Ebanks-Landell and Evans, then not fine.

It's not madness though is it, he's never really got a real chance here yet and in his games this season i would say he has been our best midfielder. He was good at the start of the season until he got inured at Blues and since he's come back he was immense at Stoke and Liverpool showing in both games that he can win a tackle, be disciplined and also keep the ball when needed much like he did on Saturday. He's the type of player that i think will improve for playing with better players and he will then look better. which is why i think it's a good decision now for better players around him please.

Madness, the aim is the EPL, if we get there by the end of next season players like Evans will not keep you in it. When Wolves go up if they want to stay up they will need to start thinking big.

and if the club don't think he will cut it in the Prem then with 2 years left on his deal they will wave bye bye to him. For where we are and trying to get, having a player like Evans is fine by me but if you are judging contracts handed out now for where the club wants to be in 2-3 years time then you are going to be highly frustrated for a while and will be better off finding a new hobby.

It's not madness though is it, he's never really got a real chance here yet and in his games this season i would say he has been our best midfielder. He was good at the start of the season until he got inured at Blues and since he's come back he was immense at Stoke and Liverpool showing in both games that he can win a tackle, be disciplined and also keep the ball when needed much like he did on Saturday. He's the type of player that i think will improve for playing with better players and he will then look better. which is why i think it's a good decision now for better players around him please.

Not exactly keeping those players on their toes though is it? Hand out large contracts and if the players were so inclined they could sit on their arses or put the bare minimum of effort in week in week out in the knowledge that you'll get paid. You would also think it's harder for the club to shift those player as they have such large contracts.

It's crackers to be handing out these contracts to bang average players, make them earn it. It's fairly well established psychology that players play much better when they are angling for a new contract.

I don't think this is a bad move - I like Evans. I think he's got more about him than the likes of Saville, Coady and Price and hope to see him get a decent run in the side.

His time at Bradford seems to have done him no harm at all.

Good luck to the lad.

3 and a bit years isn't a massive amount of time is it.

Presume Lambert sees him as a player he wants next season and if we manage to get promoted he has 2 years left. If he doesn't make the step up, plenty of clubs will want him as he will still be a young player and have some of the greatest things any player can have on his CV - Championship experience and Promoted from the Division. To some they are the ultimate must have things when signing a new player.....

They will be giving me a three year contract next..... I will buy a gold earing with my fust pay cheque...

I really rate Evans, pleased with this deal. He needs to nail down a place from now until the end of the season, he's the best midfielder we have IMO (jury out on Saiss) it's time for him to prove it.

Back