• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Dicko has extended his contract for 3.5 more years - hopefully will take any pressure to score off his shoulders.

Great news. He hasn't lost any pace or power, just needs to find his 'eye of the Tiger'...

Don't think there was any rush to get that done, still had 18 months left on his deal. Could have at least given that until the end of the season as although his general play has looked a bit better hes now on something like 0 goals in 16 since the injury.

Great news. He hasn't lost any pace or power, just needs to find his 'eye of the Tiger'...

FFS :icon_lol:

Am glad he's been given a show of faith. im of the opinion that we are a better team with Nouha in it. Even when Sako and Afobe were here we felt the most loss of Dicko was dropped/injured. And while it took him a while to get sharp again he looks like he is there and just needs to start hitting the back of the net

The number of mongs on the Mix referring to this as a waste of money or a sign of our 'mediocrity' is staggering.

Delighted for Nouha. This contract for me is the club telling him they believe hes over the injury and theyre putting their faith in him coming good. Thos could actually be the vote of confidence he needs to start firing that.

The number of mongs on the Mix referring to this as a waste of money or a sign of our 'mediocrity' is staggering.

Delighted for Nouha. This contract for me is the club telling him they believe hes over the injury and theyre putting their faith in him coming good. Thos could actually be the vote of confidence he needs to start firing that.

Think it could work two ways.

Either he's relaxed by a show of faith from the higher ups and can play with a bit less pressure knowing his future is more secure or alternatively it could add extra pressure on if he feels he now has to do something to try and justify the new contract which wasn't really a pressing concern at this time.

I don't think we will see the best of Dicko again till next season, he had a horrible injury and even though he is now physically fit, mentally he needs to catch up a little bit. I think the contract is a good idea, a goal at Anfield would be just the ticket!

Nouha can score goals that's proven. Even the great Stephen George once went 12 without a goal..

He has been ever since Stoke, which explains why he hasn't been in the side.

Playing devil's advocate, but with Lambert saying that Doherty "didn't have a save to make" is he suggesting that the team and the defence performed better with Doherty not involved and a man light?

Playing devil's advocate, but with Lambert saying that Doherty "didn't have a save to make" is he suggesting that the team and the defence performed better with Doherty not involved and a man light?

Ha ha ha... He didn't have a save to make thanks to Batth slicing the ball passed him as he dived to make an easy save

Morgan Gibbs White celebrates his 17th birthday by signing his first professional contract. Two and a half years.

Morocco lost 1-0 in the 88th minute to Egypt so Saiss is coming home (not sure if he'll get in the team though)

He'll have to oust one of Price or Edwards which is unlikely at the minute.

Though I guess he could play at CB, as that's where he plays for Morocco.

Back