• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Until January. If Zenga is still here next week then CBJ will play

Sammy Smyth, the last surviving member of the 1949 victorious cup final side against Leicester City, has passed away.

R.I.P.

Just seen this. It's so sad if inevitable that all those players from our great sides are one by one leaving us. RIP Sammy

Hull City News ◾️ ‏@HDMHullCity · 9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING More departures from Hull City as club secretary Matt Wild resigns to join #wwfc #hcafc

Not joining until after the January transfer window according to the article with the tweet.

If he is a key player in transfers is that Thelwells time up?

I would have thought it was more on the business side and actually getting the transfers completed, rather than identifying players but I could be wrong.

I thought Dalrymple more than anything.

Matt Wild worked with Nigel Pearson at Hull City, Championship experience might get him a place on the short list.

Being a complete and total mentalist and an abject failure with his last club should more than counteract that.

If he is a key player in transfers is that Thelwells time up?

Nope. That isn't how we work. This basically means that Richard Skirrow is retiring. All our club secretary does (bar matchday and general admin that all us company secretaries do) is the legals on player and manager contracts, and not the sourcing of those people.

Nope. That isn't how we work. This basically means that Richard Skirrow is retiring. All our club secretary does (bar matchday and general admin that all us company secretaries do) is the legals on player and manager contracts, and not the sourcing of those people.

It was just the part in the story that he was an influential player on Hull's big transfer dealings. Until that point, it was coming across as he was coming in to do the general stuff but I wouldn't class what Skirrow does as being a major part in getting in players

Skirrow has huge work with doing the contracts and so on but not recruitment itself. Very different role.

Saying that, if this guy is known for that then Thelwell should be concerned. Frankly, all our major staff should be now. I sense massive change on the way.

During the takeover press conference Shi made it clear that he was only planning on being involved with the club in a day-to-day capacity for the first few months, until Fosun had identified new, trusted people to devolve responsibility to. Sounds like that changeover from caretaker to permanent is now happening with both the coaching and administrative staff.

Back