• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Dicko scores 2 and lasts 78 minutes against Crewe.

One was a 18yd half-volley from the edge of the area following a chip over the defence from Jed Wallace, and the other was a 'cheeky' back-heel in the six-yard box following a corner.

Following on from his appearance against Norwich off the bench, this is very good news. His miss against Norwich was disappointing but he showed that he has lost none of his knack for being in the right place at the right time.

Dicko scores 2 and lasts 78 minutes against Crewe.

One was a 18yd half-volley from the edge of the area following a chip over the defence from Jed Wallace, and the other was a 'cheeky' back-heel in the six-yard box following a corner.

Following on from his appearance against Norwich off the bench, this is very good news. His miss against Norwich was disappointing but he showed that he has lost none of his knack for being in the right place at the right time.

Whats the general feeling on Dicko, how close is he to the player we all saw at his best?

I reckon he's very close.The miss vs Norwich could easily be put down to over excitement/nerves after the reception he received from the fans and his finishes last night were like the Nouha of old...Power and finesse

Didn't look far off his old self when he came on on Saturday

Lot of pressure on him & OK he missed a chance, but was in the right place to take it - the instinctive strike will come fairly quickly.

Worthwhile him being given extra minutes in the U23's during this break to sharpen up his reactions

I assume Saiss & Bodvarsson are away this week? Iorfa, Hause & CBJ as well?

Don't think Bod has travelled due to injury but will be fit for the Villa game. Hause is not with the U21's due to injury.

Unlikely we've allowed Bod to travel. He's legitimately injured.

Saiss is in the Morocco squad:

https://www.facebook.com/TheAtlasLions/posts/1244145105607952

Iorfa is in the U21 squad, Hause didn't make it (he is also injured but might not have been picked given we haven't used him in the league since Blues as far as I remember).

Doesn't look like CBJ is in the U20 squad.

Hause tweeted he was gutted to miss out due to injury so I guess he was getting a call up.

Thursday fucking night? That's just fucking stupid.

Pretty sure we have been live on a Thursday night before. Sky have been doing them a couple of seasons now.

As per the Leeds game last year it's part of Sky's 10 games in 10 days

I thought I remembered a home game on a Thursday too. Still a shit night for football though. Leave it for the Mickey Mouse European games.

Pretty sure we have been live on a Thursday night before. Sky have been doing them a couple of seasons now.

Crystal Palace away when Deano scored a thunderbolt (ITV sport) and Leicester away when Sako scored were also on a Thursday.

Ah, Leicester away. When we actually played really well in the second half and you think 'just play that team and that system next time and we'll be OK'...nope, wankspangle changes the whole thing for the next game.

Wasnt it The Cure who sang "Thursday watch the Wolves instead" :facepalm:

BBC have Bod on the bench for the Iceland match.

Ah, Leicester away. When we actually played really well in the second half and you think 'just play that team and that system next time and we'll be OK'...nope, $#@!spangle changes the whole thing for the next game.
That game was an astounding anomaly. Even Tongo played well.

Back