• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/read-continuing-the-journey-3322743.aspx

The other thing is that with all the foreign lads coming in, I don't think you can overstate the importance of having strong pros around to make sure they bed in properly and understand what we're about. When we brought Solbakken's lot in (whatever you think of them talent wise) we had the likes of Henry/Ward/Foley who'd to differing degrees given up and that cunt Johnson still playing all the time. At least we know with Batth that he's a solid, committed guy.

I think we need to nail a partnership with him and Iorfa now for a while. Two clean sheets out of three league games played together this season, Silvio and Doherty can fight it out to play RB. I seriously don't want to see Batth/Stearman any time soon having witnessed Barnsley.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/read-continuing-the-journey-3322743.aspx

The other thing is that with all the foreign lads coming in, I don't think you can overstate the importance of having strong pros around to make sure they bed in properly and understand what we're about. When we brought Solbakken's lot in (whatever you think of them talent wise) we had the likes of Henry/Ward/Foley who'd to differing degrees given up and that cunt Johnson still playing all the time. At least we know with Batth that he's a solid, committed guy.

I think we need to nail a partnership with him and Iorfa now for a while. Two clean sheets out of three league games played together this season, Silvio and Doherty can fight it out to play RB. I seriously don't want to see Batth/Stearman any time soon having witnessed Barnsley.

I think there seemed to be a real conscious effort to avoid the mistakes of Solbakken's arrival, we announced offers of new deals for Ikeme, Edwards and Baath just prior to the takeover, the three longest serving, most experienced and presumably leaders in the dressing room, keep them onside and there is more chance of the rest following.

Along with that Zenga quickly made a big play of keeping the existing coaching staff.

Think it was definitely a case of trying to avoid alienating the existing staff with all the new arrivals.

Any idea on when Sky announce the December set of TV fixtures? Could do with booking trains for the QPR game before prices go through the roof.

I think they are committed to giving five weeks notice minimum now.

Dicko not part of the U23 game tonight as a precautionary measure.

Be somewhat surprised and delighted if he is.

He's said he's not injured so there's no reason for him not to be playing tonight unless he's on the bench tomorrow...

Will Dicko be in the squad at Wigan?

Your guess is as good as mine Frank.

If he isn't injured and has been pulled out of the U23 game, it would indicate a possibility or one of the 3 forwards (Bod, Mason, Gladon) is a doubt so Dicko is being kept out of action just in case he is needed

Any idea on when Sky announce the December set of TV fixtures? Could do with booking trains for the QPR game before prices go through the roof.

December and first week of January sky games will be announced early October..

Hause out of the U21 squad. Iorfa keeps his place.

Back