• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It's part of football, tribalism and it's part of us. Everything today in football has been hijacked by the prawn sandwich brigade. I can accept this, but it would make a lot of people happy, that we could bring the Liquidator back.

It's a 3 minute song played before a football match. Forgive me for thinking that it's not exactly fucking up tradition.

The day the "fuck off West Brom" part became the focal point of the song rather than the "the Wolves" part was the day it deserved to stop being played.

It's my herritage and it's a part of our culture. I can respect that a few people don't like it, I would hope that the few who don't like it can accept a few minutes of banter.

Heritage my arse.

Football these days is encouraging families more and more to secure the next generation of fans, the fact that grown men want this song played just to give them an excuse to shout 'fuck off' is beyond pathetic. Hopefully the club see it that way as well. Fucking heritage, if Stan Cullis or Billy Wright were famous for singing it pre-match I might be inclined to agree.

Heritage my arse.

Football these days is encouraging families more and more to secure the next generation of fans, the fact that grown men want this song played just to give them an excuse to shout '$#@! off' is beyond pathetic. Hopefully the club see it that way as well. $#@!ing heritage, if Stan Cullis or Billy Wright were famous for singing it pre-match I might be inclined to agree.
Top post. Albion had it before us anyway, if it's about heritage then it's the Happy Wanderer we should be bringing back

I suspect there is a high correlation between people who want the liquidator back and people that talk about the 'Scouse Mafia'/Moxey liking pies/moaning about pie and a pint.

I can't believe people are still going on about this bloody song.

Its a new era. Lets not hark back to the dim and distant past.

To anyone under the age of 40, it's indelibly associated with the mid 90s and who wouldn't want to evoke memories of Steve Corica, Darren Ferguson and Mark Rankine bossing the midfield?

No ta.

Silvio out injured for three weeks.

Club also appealing against Iorfa's red card.

One of the harshest red cards I've seen. Hope it gets overturned.

I wouldn't bother personally because of the tiny risk of them deeming the appeal frivolous and extending the ban. He's only missing the Crawley match and he might not have played that anyway.

It was his own bloody fault. No sympathy for him at all.

One of the harshest red cards I've seen. Hope it gets overturned.
The TV angle doesn't show the tug properly. It looked pretty blatant to me at the match. I hope this doesn't make him available for Tuesday and then out of the weekend as that would be pretty silly

People who were there have all said they saw the tug. In which case he's given the ref a decision to make, so it's pointless appealing.

The TV angle doesn't show the tug properly. It looked pretty blatant to me at the match. I hope this doesn't make him available for Tuesday and then out of the weekend as that would be pretty silly

100% agree Tony.

I seemed to be in the minority in my group with that view though. Darlo in particular was raging about the ref after the match.

Let's hope RJ and the likes don't play at Molineux ever again else the same people, not, will be screaming about his lonesome bedroom activities

Back