• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I've heard that Li and Jackett are not seeing eye to eye on transfers at the moment. Jackett asked for a number 1,6, 7 and two number 9's to strengthen the squad. Li came back half an hour later with a Banquet !

Trollololol

You got the wrong Chinese bloke.

I've heard that Li and Jackett are not seeing eye to eye on transfers at the moment. Jackett asked for a number 1,6, 7 and two number 9's to strengthen the squad. Li came back half an hour later with a Banquet !

:tumbleweed:

Chesterfield, Crewe and Accrington Stanley are in the same Group as Wolves

Chesterfield, Crewe and Accrington Stanley are in the same Group as Wolves

Hmmm...Might look at the Chesterfield game depending on date/shift at work

The wife came back from shopping today with a free copy of the Daily Mirror.

In the Sport section on page 52 was a column called Betting Spy written by Derek McGovern with additional reporting by John Shaw.

At the bottom of the column was a piece entitled 'Wolves Bask in 'Sun Rays'

"Wolves have been taken over by the Chinese owned Fosun Group, who two years ago bought Club Med.

They have now just bought Club Dead.
The fee is in the region of £30 million. Even worse is the club is in the region of Wolverhampton.

Wolves spent most of their last season in the Premier League donating points to rivals.
They were so bad that , when finishing rock-bottom in May 2012, they ended up directly below five teams (Wigan, Villa, QPR, Bolton and Blackpool) whose fans are now as likely to spend time in the Premier League as they are in Club Med.

There must be an upside to following Wolves but no-one has yet found it. You don't necessarily have to live in Wolverhampton to follow them so I suppose that's a blessing."

Not only is this article terribly written and inaccurate, it is also insulting to every Wolves fan and everyone who lives in Wolverhampton.
Obviously the writers are a pair of shallow morons who should never write again and the Editor who accepted the piece should be sacked, but I realise that the Daily Mirror won't care about my opinion.

However, I will be letting them know what I think and hopefully get an apology.

What a pair of cretins and that's poor for a national newspaper to print crap like that.

I think he was trying to be "funny"...

We are gonna have to develop thick skins if we spend big. We'll have tons of abuse if it works or if it doesn't. fuck em.

I think he was trying to be "funny"...

There's no wit about it, he's basically just saying Wolverhampton is a shithole. Wow none of us from Wolverhampton have never heard that before it's like when you tell people where your from and they instantly start trying to mimic your accent.
It's the kind of thing a 13 year old writes on Twitter not worth responding to.

There's no wit about it, he's basically just saying Wolverhampton is a $#@!hole.

A myth mostly perpetrated by people who have never actually been, or who compare Heath Town with the posh end of Oxford. It's a large industrial city with all the problems that brings, but it's certainly no worse than a pile of others.

A myth mostly perpetrated by people who have never actually been, or who compare Heath Town with the posh end of Oxford. It's a large industrial city with all the problems that brings, but it's certainly no worse than a pile of others.

Absolutely it's the default insult that people use who aren't from Wolverhampton, it's either it's a shithole, horrible accent or your all thick.
Remember going on the Brentford forum after we had won 3-0 at their place in 2014 it was littered with numerous of the above insults.

Absolutely it's the default insult that people use who aren't from Wolverhampton, it's either it's a $#@!hole, horrible accent or your all thick.
Remember going on the Brentford forum after we had won 3-0 at their place in 2014 it was littered with numerous of the above insults.

You expect a bit from other football fans, but NOT from a National newspaper.

Back