• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

And for the second pre-season in a row we don't have a single senior player available to us with any kind of serious credentials for playing on the left of midfield at this level. Takes quite some doing. This time last year we did have Jacobs and Rowe I suppose, though it was blatantly obvious that the former was leaving (and that isn't his position anyway) and the latter was shite (and that isn't his position anyway).

We really could go one of 2 ways. We'll fly out of the gate and get stronger as the season goes on or we spend the entire season in the bottom 4. I can't work out which yet.

It'll be similar to last season. Mid table all the way with our best players leaving in January.

If we have Dicko and Graham available for significant portions of the season then I don't think we'll be in any serious relegation trouble, the bottom half is still full of dreck.

It'll be similar to last season. Mid table all the way with our best players leaving in January.

This is what I fear.

I believe that if the football/entertainment is as poor as it was last year, then noises from the stands will come quickly. And attendances will drop too.

I don't think we'll bother the top 6 unless we do well i the transfer market but I certainly don't think we'll be in much danger of going down.

If we are to believe Jez (and why wouldn't we) then it has been made quite clear to Ken that the football wasn't good enough last season and he doesn't have infinite time to improve it. However I would say that if you were minded to sack a manager for serving up shite entertainment then we'd have already done it months ago.

Attendances (at least on paper) will be underpinned for the time being by the ST sales which were far stronger than they had any right to be, but I think we're set for regular 17-18k gates until something changes. Be that at boardroom level or our management team deciding that actually, our home fans would quite like to see some shots and coherent attacking play. Not having nine men behind the ball against MK Dons when it's 0-0 with five minutes to go.

It's going to be beige.

I will no doubt go to the odd game, but I am actually surprised by how little I care about not having a season ticket.

Would not expect to be changing my signature on here much for next season - no doubt attendances will drop further if the football doesn't improve (results improving are anothere matter though suspect many will be happier if there is a better quality on the pitch even if we end up where we were last season - agree that there should be enough dross in the division not to have massive qualms over relegation)

I predict a slow uninteresting start until Graham comes back. Our best hope is for Dicko to hit the ground running after his injury.

I predict a slow uninteresting start until Graham comes back. Our best hope is for Dicko to hit the ground running after his injury.

I fear he could well hit the ground when running - and end up on a stretcher!

I don't think we'll bother the top 6 unless we do well i the transfer market but I certainly don't think we'll be in much danger of going down.
Yeah, pretty much this

How about this one?

Reports across Spain say Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers will appoint Julen Lopetegui as their new Coach.

Kenny Jackett is the current boss of the Midlands club but Marca and Mundo Deportivo are among the publications claiming ex-Spain Under-21 trainer Lopetegui will take over.

Lopetegui last season had the bench at Porto but was sacked before the end of the campaign and has been mentioned as a successor to Vicente del Bosque with the senior Spain side.

AS say however that while there is an offer from Wolves to Lopetegui nothing has as yet been signed and the approach is coming from potential new owners of the club, led by Chinese businessman Robin Li, who is also involved with attempts to take over Milan.

http://www.football-espana.net/59320/report-wolves-lopetegui-approach

Now that would be a lovely dream. Bankrolled by a Chinese Billionaire, linked with Milan (maybe a few players on loan?) and a decent footballing coach.

However, that is unfortunately what it will be, a dream.

Done deal:

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 1h1 hour ago
Reports in Spain that Julen Lopetegui has been offered the Wolves job, backed by Chinese takeover. I'm told there's no foundation to it.

It all just seems too good to be true

Back