• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'd have him here. Particularly considering whoever we do sign is likely to be just as good but half as entertaining.

Wimbledon want nothing to do with his antics now that they're in League One. Hard pass from me. Entertaining, but he'd do nothing to help the situation in the dressing room when we fall on hard times. And we have no use for a 34 year old striker that has never played at this level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@OfficialWolves one of four Championship clubs to pilot a @EFL recruitment code at first team level. #wwfc

Basically the Rooney rule. Very glad that we have taken that on.

@OfficialWolves one of four Championship clubs to pilot a @EFL recruitment code at first team level. #wwfc

Basically the Rooney rule. Very glad that we have taken that on.

This may well be a 2+1+1=48 scenario but could this lean towards the suggestion of Paul Ince?

Laslett, Asian consortium, with Paul Ince involved.. I may be reading far too much into it all but there have certainly been a few nods in this direction and as said on the takeover thread the rumours arent going away.

I hope not. Paul Ince should be ruled out on the grounds of, well, not being very good.

This may well be a 2+1+1=48 scenario but could this lean towards the suggestion of Paul Ince?

Laslett, Asian consortium, with Paul Ince involved.. I may be reading far too much into it all but there have certainly been a few nods in this direction and as said on the takeover thread the rumours arent going away.

Think you've made a leap of Jonathan Edwards proportion here..

Should be able to work whether we are home or away on the opening day of the season tomorrow if Albion are at home first we'll almost certainly be at home first game due to football league starting a week earlier.

depends - Villa and Blues will also have a bearing on that.

General rule usually works Villa and Blues play home on opposite weekends the same usually applies for Wolves and Albion very rare Wolves and Albion play home games on the same day.
Has happened but not very often.

There was a rumoured leak last week of the fixtures. Probably just a run-through though.

Albion are away so I assume We'll be away be away on the opening day.

Without wanting to open a can of worms to a discussion that often goes round in circles, I personally think it will create a more professional recruitment process, give opportunities for some who struggle to get interviews despite having the qualifications needed and show that Wolves are an inclusive club. I wrote a blog on it last November too actually - https://throughthethirds.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/why-english-football-needs-rooney-rule.html

I just don't see what harm there is other than the middle class white males desperate to preserve their domination in the game

Back