• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

That might be worth attending. Better than having some bunch of low table La Liga fodder.

La Liga is better than swansea..more exotic Paddy

The games against Betis and Celta were very watchable. I don't have much inclination to go and watch Bafetimbi Gomis and his hot air balloon head stand 10 yards offside for the greater part of a half paced game, I've seen enough dreadful centre forward play at Molineux lately. We'll see though, long time between now and then, depends who we sign.

The games against Betis and Celta were very watchable. I don't have much inclination to go and watch Bafetimbi Gomis and his hot air balloon head stand 10 yards offside for the greater part of a half paced game, I've seen enough dreadful centre forward play at Molineux lately. We'll see though, long time between now and then, depends who we sign.

Just for you - Season loan of Gomis....

No information about yesterday's Fans Parliament meeting?

Interesting:

Dave Benton asked how long the club were prepared to put up with 'the most dire football' before they either ditched the manager or no-one turned up. Jez said: "Not long. None of us here are happy, including Kenny. We all feel the same way. It must change."

No, he was taking the piss out of a Newcastle tweet which said "Breaking News, there's going to be a press conference"

Makes for a depressing read the only glimmer of hope is that if results don't improve fast Jackett is gone.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

http://www.wolvesblog.com/9077/fans-parliament-bens-minutes-4

Minutes from someone who was there. He doesn't seem hopeful for next year. Jez seems to have been in full pompous mode.
Its disappointing that Jez Moxey can't give a little insight into whats going on at Wolves off the pitch. Likewise its disappointing that someone like Kevin Thelwell or a coach can't be present to field questions about transfer process and on field development.
It seems people are just going through the motions rather than getting to grips with the clubs problems.

To be fair - and I don't wish to sound like I'm excusing Moxey - pretty much everything is hinging on the sale of the club, meaning we're stuck in limbo. I don't really know what some people expect him to say.

However, I do think the club made a mistake in agreeing the deal with The Money Shop. When relations between the club and the supporters is as low as it currently is, it showed a lack of common sense IMO. Having said that, I also don't believe the fallout from the shirt sponsor would have been anywhere near as vociferous if we wouldn't have just endured a pretty pitiful season.

And as I mentioned above - he bloody well should be expecting better from the manager. If I'm reading that correctly, he's not got long to start turning things around and rightly so.

The more I read about Moxey and the Parliament meetings etc, the more I think it's time for him to go. For example, in the Blog post about the minutes, Moxey pushes back when asked about a clause in KMac's contract by stating 'I don't know any other club who would allow a fan to ask the Chief Executive that'.

Well what's the point of being there then Jez?

Also, the question was asked about Jez's performance in 2016, with season tickets down, football quality down, revenue down, apathy at an all time high etc and he pushed it back on to the Board who make the decision on whether he remains in place. In any other industry, under a different board he would have had the bullet long ago with his current performance.

His quotes on the Money Shop deal - "we are not here to solve society". Well duh. We know that, but the club plays a huge part in influencing large parts of local society, from kids to guys in the pub.
So if he's gonna wash his hands of the clubs role in society he shouldn't then talk about the huge impact the club/players have as role models etc

He seems like he couldn't care less what the fans think anymore and his answers in that meeting only emphasise this.

The more I read about Moxey and the Parliament meetings etc, the more I think it's time for him to go. For example, in the Blog post about the minutes, Moxey pushes back when asked about a clause in KMac's contract by stating 'I don't know any other club who would allow a fan to ask the Chief Executive that'.

Well what's the point of being there then Jez?

Also, the question was asked about Jez's performance in 2016, with season tickets down, football quality down, revenue down, apathy at an all time high etc and he pushed it back on to the Board who make the decision on whether he remains in place. In any other industry, under a different board he would have had the bullet long ago with his current performance.

His quotes on the Money Shop deal - "we are not here to solve society". Well duh. We know that, but the club plays a huge part in influencing large parts of local society, from kids to guys in the pub.
So if he's gonna wash his hands of the clubs role in society he shouldn't then talk about the huge impact the club/players have as role models etc

He seems like he couldn't care less what the fans think anymore and his answers in that meeting only emphasise this.

Depends what his objectives are as decided by Morgan?

Performance on the pitch drives every facet of a Football club, I doubt Moxey's judged on the teams performance, just as Jackett is not judged on the Financial side.
I would suggest that Morgan's brief is to stop Bolton, Portsmouth happening to Wolves, and this he does very well.

Morgan holds the purse and it's up to him if we spend Season Ticket sales, and attendance is down to the manager.

Gaining Sponsorship deals etc is down to Moxey

Back