• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Without wanting to open a can of worms to a discussion that often goes round in circles, I personally think it will create a more professional recruitment process, give opportunities for some who struggle to get interviews despite having the qualifications needed and show that Wolves are an inclusive club. I wrote a blog on it last November too actually - https://throughthethirds.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/why-english-football-needs-rooney-rule.html

I just don't see what harm there is other than the middle class white males desperate to preserve their domination in the game

Good blog that YW.

I thought this was the most pertinent part, which people tend to deliberately misinterpret:

A massive misconception of the Rooney Rule is that it is a quota. It simply asks that a QUALIFIED candidate from a black and ethnic minority candidate is INTERVIEWED. Not hired - interviewed

Good blog that YW.

I thought this was the most pertinent part, which people tend to deliberately misinterpret:

I am pleased to see you have used the word "deliberate" because I am sure that is what it is too.

Yes the rumour was that Wolves were at home to Ipswich Town on the opening day.

They do the fixtures around a week before the release and then talk with the clubs/police and changes can be made if requested.

They do the fixtures around a week before the release and then talk with the clubs/police and changes can be made if requested.

There are always two sets of fixtures compiled, the clubs get a copy of the first set, and provided there are no major problems then that is released.

There are always two sets of fixtures compiled, the clubs get a copy of the first set, and provided there are no major problems then that is released.
And yet Liverpool contacted Burnley today to ask if they can switch around their games due to construction work at Anfield.

Without wanting to open a can of worms to a discussion that often goes round in circles, I personally think it will create a more professional recruitment process, give opportunities for some who struggle to get interviews despite having the qualifications needed and show that Wolves are an inclusive club. I wrote a blog on it last November too actually - https://throughthethirds.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/why-english-football-needs-rooney-rule.html

I just don't see what harm there is other than the middle class white males desperate to preserve their domination in the game

The point is though, if someone doesn't want to employ a black person (Is it an issue nowadays?) then they won't regardless of whether they have to interview one. If someone will employ a black person then they will if he is the best person.

Seems a totally pointless exercise, but I guess that's where we'll go round in circles.

The point is though, if someone doesn't want to employ a black person (Is it an issue nowadays?) then they won't regardless of whether they have to interview one. If someone will employ a black person then they will if he is the best person.

Seems a totally pointless exercise, but I guess that's where we'll go round in circles.

If you don't interview a black person then you definitely won't employ them. The evidence in the US shows it worked so it is difficult to conclude it is pointless.

Many companies will guarantee interviews to disabled people aware that disabled people are under-represented in the workplace. The result in companies that do so is an I creased representation of disabled people in their workforce.

I think the assumption is that often your older white male has preconceptions that black people, and footballers in particular, are not very clever. Forcing them to give one an interview helps break down the stigma.

Might seem ridiculous to me and other, but that view still holds and more so in the older generations.

Wolves retain their Category A Status for the Academy.

I wonder if we will take up our invite to play the U21's in the JPT next season

If you don't interview a black person then you definitely won't employ them. The evidence in the US shows it worked so it is difficult to conclude it is pointless.

Many companies will guarantee interviews to disabled people aware that disabled people are under-represented in the workplace. The result in companies that do so is an I creased representation of disabled people in their workforce.

The question is representation and empowerment. Something we can recognise and appreciate.

The solution is not what is currently advocated as it should be based on our common and innate presence as human beings.

We are all human beings and we should concentrate on what divides us and that is not our skin colour.

The question is representation and empowerment. Something we can recognise and appreciate.

The solution is not what is currently advocated as it should be based on our common and innate presence as human beings.

We are all human beings and we should concentrate on what divides us and that is not our skin colour.

That's rather easier to say as a white man

That's rather easier to say as a white man

And I understand that but that is no reasoning for the current solution and no solution should mean discrimination against anybody.

Time to rid ourselves of whatever is supposed to divide us. The labelling is also divisive.

I tend to think that given the right society we won't even recognise colour but I think religion is a far tougher nut to crack.

It's the base edict of Society that concerns me more than the short sighted solution.

And I understand that but that is no reasoning for the current solution and no solution should mean discrimination against anybody.

Time to rid ourselves of whatever is supposed to divide us. The labelling is also divisive.

I tend to think that given the right society we won't even recognise colour but I think religion is a far tougher nut to crack.

It's the base edict of Society that concerns me more than the short sighted solution.

Yes, but we need to change minds and this rule can do that. I don't think its actually discrimnatory as its only guaranteeing an interview, not a job.

We need to change people minds and perceptions - you might think racism (or racial bias) is not that common, but it most definitely is.

Yes, but we need to change minds and this rule can do that. I don't think its actually discrimnatory as its only guaranteeing an interview, not a job.

We need to change people minds and perceptions - you might think racism (or racial bias) is not that common, but it most definitely is.

Any bias based on colour is discrimination. It is a divisive concept. It breeds resentment. The perception and assumption being that only white people are prejudiced and racist. If ever a Society can be productive we need to concentrate on diversity in relation to culture rather than skin colour.

No more from me. Another going around in circles exercise.

Always an interesting read when race comes up.

The squad return to pre-season training today IIRC.

Back