• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I don't see any way a takeover is getting ratified and completed before the start of the season. Even if there is any truth at all in it.

Done deal:

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 1h1 hour ago
Reports in Spain that Julen Lopetegui has been offered the Wolves job, backed by Chinese takeover. I'm told there's no foundation to it.

I wonder where such rumours start, if it is indeed a rumour?

The Spanish articles seem very definite, if its all a spurious rumour.

Love it to happen, but can't see it.

The one thing I would say is that if Timbo 2 says "nothing in it" then it proves less than zero. All rules of Corporate Law and Governance mean he will get a negative or at least no comment answer to just about any question asked about the deal. Plus he probably doesn't have the guile to ask anything more taxing than "any truth in the Marca rumour".

There could be something in this that has been kept super hush-hush and then bang it happens very speedily. It just doesn't ring true for me though.

Didn't realise Robin Lit founded Baidu, he must be rolling in it!

Didn't realise Robin Lit founded Baidu, he must be rolling in it!

"Robin Li or Li Yanhong is a Chinese Internet entrepreneur. He co-founded the Chinese search engine Baidu and is ranked as the seventh richest man in mainland China with a net worth of US$9.6 billion as of September 2015" ...

I'm sure there's nothing in it, but it's nice to be able to discuss any kind of rumour, totally far fetched, baseless, made up via VitalFootball, whatever.

Could they leave making an announcement until after Euro 2016 though please?

It's a rumour that does seem to have some currency abroad though.

At least it has sparked a little activity on this board!

I'm literally pinning all my hopes on this being true.

There has to be some good news on the horizon surely, just something anything!

I know it is the close season, and news tends to be sporadic etc, however there has been nothing of note news wise relating to Wolves.
On the beeb website, the main story is still the fixtures from a week ago. 4th story is Doherty having an outside chance to make the RoI squad.
We've been linked with virtually no-one. No-one has been linked with any of our players (good news re 2 or 3 of them, however amazed for example more hasn't come out over whether McDonald wants to go or not for example).

The dearth of news, or even rumour is surprising to me.

We aren't newsworthy in our present incarnation, and we aren't doing anything transfer-wise to make other news as nobody knows what is going on.

That, or there is a blackout to ensure the takeover goes through smoothly...

Maybe things are very quiet because of the European Championship. When that is over I expect there will be some action on the playing side. As for the take over, who knows?

The dearth of news, or even rumour is surprising to me.

Not sure that is much happening for other sides either though - things tend to go quiet during a major championship.

Will liven up when thats over (though not necessarily for us unless there really is a change of ownership happening)

We don't usually announce anything till its a done deal, so fingers crossed.

Roughly translated as:

Julen Lopetegui will be the new coach of Wolverhampton Wanderers , which is the option to substitute Vicente del Bosque in the Spanish selection vanishes. Which coach of the Spanish Under- 21 and the Porto out until half of last season will engage with the English club , who play in the Championship ( 2nd Division ), with the aim of promotion to the Premier League.

Lopetegui will join in this way Rafa Benitez (Newcastle ) in the same competition . Premier will be Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) and Aitor Karanka ( Middlesbrough ) Spanish technicians after leaving office Robert Martinez at Everton .

As for the Spanish team, Joaquin Caparros is the favorite to take over from Del Bosque ahead of Michel and Paco Jemez .

Google Translate is your friend!

Back