• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Now it's in his local paper that he has signed for Wolves. I haven't read one denial, on any paper. Surely if it wasn't going to happen, he would have denied it today?

Dangerous will surely have offers flooding in for him once he has a European Championship medal round his neck. This just ensures we get a better price for him than if he had less than a year left on his contract.
Surely..?

Shouldn't be surprising - the coaching staff, and Moxey, repeatedly talk about those three players as stars for the team. As much as we all think them limited, we've just spent most of a season with Jackett trying to build a new team around them as a spine.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the contracts. KJ wants to keep them and has asked Jez to open talks with them.

Remember, if we are indeed close to being sold....it could fall through so we need to look after what we have until the moment the deal is done

Kenny Jackett says Wolves are poised for talks with three senior players who are heading into the final year of their contracts.

Three of the club’s longest serving players – keeper Carl Ikeme, defender and captain Danny Batth, and midfielder Dave Edwards – have 12 months remaining of their existing deals.

And the Head Coach says all three are players he is keen to keep at Molineux.

“Now we are all back there will be discussions,” says Jackett.

“Jez (Moxey) will be speaking to all three players.

“They are players we are keen to keep and those three are very established at the club.

“They all have futures at the club, definitely.”

Ikeme, who turned 30 this summer, came through the Academy ranks at Wolves and has firmly established himself as the number one goalkeeping choice in recent years.

He is now within sight of making 200 first team appearances for the club.

Dave Edwards, still away with the Wales squad ahead of Wednesday’s Euro 2016 semi final against Portugal, arrived at Wolves from Luton in January, 2007.

Also 30, he has made 255 appearances since arriving at Molineux, scoring 34 goals.

Danny Batth has made 150 appearances for Wolves, and scored 10 goals, since breaking into the team where he has also established himself as captain.

He has been with Wolves since the age of 10 when he was first recruited by the Academy.

Yeah I guess it HAS to be business as usual regardless of any takeover being close to completion.

If nothing happens with this, it would be the most elaborate hoax in the history of Wolves based rumours. Miles better/worse than Bergkamp being spotted in Asda, or Billy Sharp about to sign etc.

255 appearances - 34 goals. Astounding.

I'm only 50-50 on this, but was told today Dicko needs a further operation.
Hope it isn't true.

I'm only 50-50 on this, but was told today Dicko needs a further operation.
Hope it isn't true.

I'm sure a player had tweeted (in the last few days) "Great to see Nouha Dicko firing in preseason training" or words to that effect

Seems like something that was always going to need doing at some point if the staple was put in during the original operation

Seems sensible to me. Couple of days of strenuous pre-season to test the strength of the knee and then take the staple out.

More cruciate ligament injury updates, this time from Jordan Graham

Off to London today with my bro @Michal_Zyro to see the surgeon for my 6 month check up. If all is well I should be outside running Monday 😉

More cruciate ligament injury updates, this time from Jordan Graham

Off to London today with my bro @Michal_Zyro to see the surgeon for my 6 month check up. If all is well I should be outside running Monday ��

Zyro put it better IMO

Dzisiaj razem z @JordanG_14 jedziemy na spotkanie z dr. Williamsonem na sprawdzenie kolana. Miejmy nadzieje wszystko zgodnie z planem!

Mr Zyro has now tweeted he knee is in better shape than expected at this point of his recovery. Very good news

Just get a "page not found" message, Sam...what's it about?

That Sky now have to give 5 weeks notice before rearranging games for TV. Had a list of when all the announcements would be made throughout the season.

I'm getting the same so they've obviously been told to take it down.

Back