• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

However, I do think the club made a mistake in agreeing the deal with The Money Shop. When relations between the club and the supporters is as low as it currently is, it showed a lack of common sense IMO. Having said that, I also don't believe the fallout from the shirt sponsor would have been anywhere near as vociferous if we wouldn't have just endured a pretty pitiful season.

Do we know how much the deal is worth to us? Were there any viable alternative offers on the table are we liokely to have had many offers in our current position?

The more I read about Moxey and the Parliament meetings etc, the more I think it's time for him to go. For example, in the Blog post about the minutes, Moxey pushes back when asked about a clause in KMac's contract by stating 'I don't know any other club who would allow a fan to ask the Chief Executive that'.

Well what's the point of being there then Jez?

Also, the question was asked about Jez's performance in 2016, with season tickets down, football quality down, revenue down, apathy at an all time high etc and he pushed it back on to the Board who make the decision on whether he remains in place. In any other industry, under a different board he would have had the bullet long ago with his current performance.

His quotes on the Money Shop deal - "we are not here to solve society". Well duh. We know that, but the club plays a huge part in influencing large parts of local society, from kids to guys in the pub.
So if he's gonna wash his hands of the clubs role in society he shouldn't then talk about the huge impact the club/players have as role models etc

He seems like he couldn't care less what the fans think anymore and his answers in that meeting only emphasise this.

that was exactly my thought. i guess these parliaments seem like a great idea when everything is going well. you turn up and get a pat on the back.

on the other hand, it's clear we've been in risk of limbo-land since relegation from the Prem and that becomes reality if you have an owner that doesn't want to invest. you then have to rely on a manager putting together a good enough squad on the cheap or selling top talent and using funds to enhance the squad. jez knows we could be here for a while hence the ryan mcshite business.

i think the opportunity we had has clearly gone. at the very least the club needs to consider best practice for delivering the 'youth strategy' which should be about conversion into first team players to as close to premiership standard as we can get. that is not as simple as getting them picked in a mid championship first team and then saying "haven't we done well". i'm not convinced our youth/coaching standards are any better than our competitors. it also probably involves, as KJ has intimated, including experienced players in the squad so you can give the youngsters a break when needed as well as providing invaluable knowledge etc. that for me was the bad call on stearman, for instance, not because he was captain/POTS/greatest centre half we've ever had.

The more I read about Moxey and the Parliament meetings etc, the more I think it's time for him to go. For example, in the Blog post about the minutes, Moxey pushes back when asked about a clause in KMac's contract by stating 'I don't know any other club who would allow a fan to ask the Chief Executive that'.

Well what's the point of being there then Jez?

I thought it was a weird answer. However I don't think it is appropriate for a member of senior management to be disclosing details of contracts in the public domain, so can understand why he didn't answer the question with a yes or no.

Tbh I'd be in favour of Wolves wrapping up the fans parliament.

I'm fed up of listening to Moxey tell us how lucky we are to have the FP as if it merely existing is a source of pride for the club or evidence that they actually listen to our fans. Nothing ever gets done, Moxey always comes across like a horrible cunt and they clearly resent having to hold the meetings.

Lets not pretend that Wolves are a progressive club who have a positive, respectful relationship with their fanbase. This isn't a St. Pauli or Union Berlin where the fans actually have a voice and have their legitimate concerns dealt with fairly instead of being dismissed out of hand.

The only purpose the FP serves atm is for Moxey to brag to his peers about the fact that he holds the meetings at all and for morons to whinge about the colour of the South Bank seats, Pigeons shitting on their heads or the left back's scruffy under armour.

Fans can be ignored and talked down to perfectly well through e-mails and Wolves can keep us posted on the latest goings on through statements on the official website like every other club in the sodding country.

I really can't see what the issue is with him saying this. A case of 'Moxey can't win' in this instance.

Tbh I'd be in favour of Wolves wrapping up the fans parliament.

I'm fed up of listening to Moxey tell us how lucky we are to have the FP as if it merely existing is a source of pride for the club or evidence that they actually listen to our fans. Nothing ever gets done, Moxey always comes across like a horrible cunt and they clearly resent having to hold the meetings.

Lets not pretend that Wolves are a progressive club who have a positive, respectful relationship with their fanbase. This isn't a St. Pauli or Union Berlin where the fans actually have a voice and have their legitimate concerns dealt with fairly instead of being dismissed out of hand.

The only purpose the FP serves atm is for Moxey to brag to his peers about the fact that he holds the meetings at all and for morons to whinge about the colour of the South Bank seats, Pigeons shitting on their heads or the left back's scruffy under armour.

Fans can be ignored and talked down to perfectly well through e-mails and Wolves can keep us posted on the latest goings on through statements on the official website like every other club in the sodding country.

I agree. The majority of what the club communicates in the FP meetings are spun to fuck, but similarly - as above - the club can't win either when the relationship between club and supporters is as low as it currently is.

Another reason is that I believe that we shouldn't get to know everything that goes on behind the scenes - I disagree with 100% transparency. Stuff like asking about clauses in contracts etc - I don't think we need to know that. Nor the relationship between players and staff, who has fallen out with who etc etc. Not needed. The club needs to improve both on and off the pitch, improve club-supporter relations etc but I don't think the FP works. A good idea at the time but it's passed it's usefulness.

I've said it before, putting on coaches is a fairly worthless gesture as we have plenty of fans who don't live anywhere near Molineux and also no-one with any sense wants to travel that way, even for free.

They had a big opportunity to do something with ticketing this year. We have an ageing fanbase - have a look round the ground next time you're in, try spotting how many 18-30 year olds there are - attendances are going in the wrong direction as we aren't going anywhere or playing good football, we have dangerous levels of apathy to the point that the manager got away pretty much stick-free despite four successive 0-0s at home.

So of course we decided to keep season ticket prices exactly the same and matchday prices will almost certainly be the same or the usual £1/yr increase they lamp on for no reason. They think that because the hardcore stuck around on the Early Bird (the club had no right to expect that, if we have the same entertainment values next season then it's hard to imagine there'd be a repeat) and they believe they can justify the price structure because it's "competitive" relative to other clubs in the division - ignoring that it's irrelevant what other clubs charge because I'm never going to go and start supporting them instead - they can keep everything the same and it'll be ok.

It's the perfect illustration of how the club is lacking in any kind of dynamic thinking, how they're happy to drift along doing nothing until someone offers to pay Steve Morgan what he wants, it's a stale approach with stale people.

I really can't see what the issue is with him saying this. A case of 'Moxey can't win' in this instance.

Its as useful as saying I will give you £1m if I win the lottery. I'm not going to win so what's the point in saying it.

It's classic Moxey though once again showing the disconnect between his thinking and that of the fans. For the last 15 years he has demonstrated a complete lack of understanding or empathy for how the support feels.

If he'd said that at the end of last season I think most would take it in the spirit I think it was meant ie positively. As we are currently it just looks like a hollow and pointless gesture which has very little chance of coming to fruition in the short to medium term so is rightly going to be scoffed at.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Wolfie disqualified from the mascot race!!

"Free coaches - if Wolves are promoted to Premier League"

So, no free coaches for about 10 years but look, we're trying to help the fans out...Honest

What a fucking wanker Moxley is, what use is that to us Mike?!

Jokes aside - it's a nice gesture of jam tomorrow (well in many years time) bit does nothing to deflect or improve the situation now.

Depends what his objectives are as decided by Morgan?

Performance on the pitch drives every facet of a Football club, I doubt Moxey's judged on the teams performance, just as Jackett is not judged on the Financial side.
I would suggest that Morgan's brief is to stop Bolton, Portsmouth happening to Wolves, and this he does very well.

Morgan holds the purse and it's up to him if we spend Season Ticket sales, and attendance is down to the manager.

Gaining Sponsorship deals etc is down to Moxey

You are aware he is CEO and in turn is responsible for everything at the club whether he directly made that decision or not?

Do you think Bob Diamond fixed the Libor rate himself?

Dom and Kortney started as England won the Toulon tournament final.

Iorfa was a class apart from the French wingers on show, he never put a foot wrong and was never beaten once.

From the above article -
We were probably the only ones satisfied with getting four 0-0s on the spin at home!

WTF?!?

And again:

Unfortunately for him Carl got back in the team because of Emi’s injury and then performed consistently well.

I’m sure he’ll be better for the experience at Wolves, and probably better for being left out of the team as well because that’s going to happen in his career at some point.

:facepalm:

I'm not bothered either way where Ikeme is concerned, I note that one of the worst goalkeeping displays I've ever witnessed from a Wolves keeper is rarely mentioned though.

Back