• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Interesting video on JG's rehab. Anyone on here able to explain further what he means when he talks about his tendons being in different positions at the start of the vid?

P.S. McDonald is such a tube...

I think he comes across really well in this video - think he will come back well from this. Pretty sure he will give Jez the opportunity to proclaim him as "like a new signing" in January.

Pie & a pint for a fiver on Saturday, fucking ell, what's our record attendance?, it's gonna be blown away!

He's trying to explain a knee reconstruction. Because ligaments can't grow back they have to be replaced and sometimes they use tendons. In JG's case they take a strip of patella tendon and wind that like a rope to give it strength before removing the damaged ACL (Anterior cruciate ligament) and replacing that with patella tendon rope.

He has also snapped his LCL (Lateral collateral ligament) and they have taken a strip of hamstring tendon and done the same thing*. This should give his knee joint the required strength to function again. He then needs to train all of the muscles up to their previous strength and also something called proprioception which is what he means by training the new structures to function as a knee joint as they have never had to before. Proprioception is the body's ability to sense movement and is by far the hardest thing to regain and train but it looks like the lad is moving well.

*I have a hamstring tendon in my right knee and patella tendon in my left knee, both as ACL replacements.

Cheers Johnny.

Pie & a pint for a fiver on Saturday, fucking ell, what's our record attendance?, it's gonna be blown away!

Thats me changing my plans for Saturday then.

That's £1 less than I am paying to watch the game in CQ.

Pie and a pint? fuck me what a stereotype.
Dont think ive ever paid for a pie or a pint inside a football ground.

Pie and a pint offer. Fucking awful lime green kit. You could be forgiven for thinking someone at Wolves holds the fans in total contempt...

Jeez what was Hause taking that photo with..a 1mp camera from 10 years ago?

I wonder if the Away kit in that green comes from how many Keepers top we sell and generally sell out of.

I thought it was a keepers top. Is that really the away kit? :yikes:

Apparently so.

It will get torn to shreds on here (all kits do it for some reason) but will probably turn out to be our best seller in years and come Christmas people will be back on here moaning we don't have enough stock.

Apparently so.

It will get torn to shreds on here (all kits do it for some reason) but will probably turn out to be our best seller in years and come Christmas people will be back on here moaning we don't have enough stock.

Only if they change the sponsor...

I will reserve the right to complain about the neckline of the shirt regardless of the fact that I haven't bought one to wear for myself for 20+years.

I certainly won't be buying one even if it is our best shirt ever. I refuse to parade that sponsors name around.

Back