• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

According to his Twitter account, Zyro's surgery went well yesterday and he'll be out of hospital in 2/3 days.

Good fuck him off, he's not needed. We seriously need to give Hunte some good minutes.

Helan seems nothing more than average anyway. Of course it doesn't help that he is part of a dynamic front three consisting of himself, Siggy & Henry.

I think he's a fair way worse than average personally.

I only saw him against Hull but if that's par for his performance then he'd do a reasonable job at this level if you had the right forward, he was willing to have a go at the defender every time and getting some decent crosses into the box, he hasn't got much more to offer than that but in the Championship you can often get a long way building simple relationships like that.

Hull was probably his best game for us. He's done a passable 6/10 fill in job at a point when we were badly lacking options down that side to the level that Tommy Rowe got a couple of starts, but I wouldn't want him on a free transfer, very limited quality in terms of delivery and no skill at all. Gets caught offside a lot too when looking right across the line in a Mo Camara "doesn't know the rules" way.

He also regularly dribbles straight out of play. I've never seen a 'winger' (which he isn't) do it so often.

I would certainly be pleased if he got recalled. Although, rather than play Hunte, Ken would probably stick Saville on the left of his all conquering rhombus (or play Dangerous Dave on the left).

I would certainly be pleased if he got recalled. Although, rather than play Hunte, Ken would probably stick Saville on the left of his all conquering rhombus (or play Dangerous Dave on the left).

Well, it's how he started this shit-storm of a season, so why not end it that way too. It would certainly be a fitting illustration of just how far we've (not) progressed this year.

The odd thing is, Hunte was going to play v Hull until Batth fell ill, the reason he was removed was down to not wanting 2 kids making their full League debuts on the left hand side so Helan played and then a few days later, he keeps him on the bench despite Doherty moving back to the left hand side.

CgkI90dXEAAV5dl.jpg:large

Interesting video on JG's rehab. Anyone on here able to explain further what he means when he talks about his tendons being in different positions at the start of the vid?

P.S. McDonald is such a tube...

Reminds me of the old Chaucer kit.

New away kit. Home kit has pin stripes similar to Tatung kit.

Interesting video on JG's rehab. Anyone on here able to explain further what he means when he talks about his tendons being in different positions at the start of the vid?

P.S. McDonald is such a tube...

He's trying to explain a knee reconstruction. Because ligaments can't grow back they have to be replaced and sometimes they use tendons. In JG's case they take a strip of patella tendon and wind that like a rope to give it strength before removing the damaged ACL (Anterior cruciate ligament) and replacing that with patella tendon rope.

He has also snapped his LCL (Lateral collateral ligament) and they have taken a strip of hamstring tendon and done the same thing*. This should give his knee joint the required strength to function again. He then needs to train all of the muscles up to their previous strength and also something called proprioception which is what he means by training the new structures to function as a knee joint as they have never had to before. Proprioception is the body's ability to sense movement and is by far the hardest thing to regain and train but it looks like the lad is moving well.

*I have a hamstring tendon in my right knee and patella tendon in my left knee, both as ACL replacements.

Back