• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Over 11k on the petition now.

I think it's been devalued now as it's been pushed by some organisation at non-Wolves supporting people.

Why devalued? Surely all of the pople signing the petition don't want payday lenders anywhere near a community club and it could be their club next. Is that not a good thing?

Because to hold sway over the likes of Moxey you need the petition to show a vast percentage of the Wolves support is anti. If the vote is diluted by non-Wolves-fans it makes it far easier to ignore even if the numbers look persuasive at first glance.

Why devalued? Surely all of the pople signing the petition don't want payday lenders anywhere near a community club and it could be their club next. Is that not a good thing?

Not that Jez will care who signs it as he'll ignore it anyway, but what would have the most impact 10,000 Wolves fans signing a petition or 10,000 fans of various clubs and non-football supporting people?

Because to hold sway over the likes of Moxey you need the petition to show a vast percentage of the Wolves support is anti. If the vote is diluted by non-Wolves-fans it makes it far easier to ignore even if the numbers look persuasive at first glance.

the only way to do that would be via a matchday or season ticket ballot . Even then you wont catch all. I am with Johnny on this. The more the merrier.

It could have 10,000 signatures or 100,000 signatures. Moxey isn't going to go back on the deal now and change our sponsors. I guess the only way to show your displeasure is to not buy the shirt, but as long as plenty do buy it (which they will) I can't see Moxey giving a shit.

I signed it resigned to the fact that it probably wouldn't change anything but mobilising the supporters anger at association with such a questionable business should stop them signing a high profile advertising/Sponsorship deal with somebody of the same ilk in my opinion. They'll ride out the storm but they wont want the bad press a second time.

Anyone know what the Money Shop paid us? Someone on Twitter suggesting £400k

We'll owe them £9.6m by the end of the contract.

But they pay their staff the national living wage so its all good.

From July, which confused me as I thought everyone had to from April.

And I've heard £400k over 3 years and also an article is suggesting £400k, but hard to work out whether it's over the 3 years or per year.

And I've heard £400k over 3 years and also an article is suggesting £400k, but hard to work out whether it's over the 3 years or per year.

Paying the "Minimum Wage" at the moment and switching to the slightly higher "Living Wage" in July?

First time I've commented on this. I think it's a pretty stupid move by Wolves - they must have surely realised that the relationship with the fans is as bad as it's been for a few years, and such an initiative was always going to create further criticism?

It's not a good sponsor to have, and I'm far from happy with it. Will it stop me buying the new shirt? I guess it depends on the design of the kit. I thought SportingBet would have put me off but - mug that I am - I ended up buying 3 kits with that awful logo on it (and from a moral viewpoint, they are just as repugnant and unsuitable as a shirt sponsor IMO).

My money is probably safe though because I don't really trust them to come up with a decent looking kit, even if it had the Bathams logo on the front and was modelled by Kate Upton.

I'd rather have Moneyshop than that inbred, six finger, webbed feeted company.

£400k over three years seems rather low for a championship club. Do you know how much Wolves have received from previous shirt sponsors?

£400k over three years seems rather low for a championship club. Do you know how much Wolves have received from previous shirt sponsors?

On the basis that Silverbug turnover £5.5m and make about £300k profit, I doubt they gave very much at all, if at all anything.

Back