• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

This is just bizarre now, it's like he's asking for the sack http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...6/04/26/kenny-jackett-the-buck-stops-with-me/

Kenny Jackett said:
I definitely take responsibility for the results. The buck stops with the head coach. For us, during those run of games, it still is better to draw than get beaten, but drawing at home isn’t where we want to be either. We don’t aspire to that.

And in response to getting called boring and booed on Saturday:

It was a culmination of recent weeks, of four 0-0 draws on the trot, and the season that we’ve had, which has been a mid-table season and a frustrating season for the crowd and for all of us. Looking this time last year at a very potent side going forward – at the moment it’s very difficult for us to get a goal, or see where goals are coming from.

I think a lot of the games have been very close, but yes, who have we got on top of? MK Dons, we won that deservedly, to a degree we got on top of Rotherham, after that have we done enough going forward to go on and win our other games?

We’ve kept picking up points, but not enough points and not enough wins, and not enough goals.

It's like he's divorced himself from any responsibility for getting goals. It's the ramblings of an idiot.

It's like he's divorced himself of signing Mason and Le Fondre. Must have been his 'boss'.

To be fair, whoever thought it was a good idea to spend £3m on Mason wants sacking immediately.

To be fair, whoever thought it was a good idea to spend £3m on Mason wants sacking immediately.

From what I've got off a mate who's a Cardiff fan (plus his family are ST holders there) Mason cost an initial £1.6m with the rest as add-ons for goals and promotion so £1.6m I guess!

It's not even the size of the fee that bothers me. It's the fact that we chased him for over a year and still didn't know what type of player he was until we got him to our training ground. I could've told you Jackett's talk of him being the perfect number 10 for a 4-2-3-1 was bullshit right from the start. The same with Wallace, all this talk of his best position being number 10 while he was being stuck out on the wing, he goes out on loan, comes back and all of a sudden KJ is talking about him being a natural wide player. How can you have such a poor grasp of what your own player is capable of?

It's not even the size of the fee that bothers me. It's the fact that we chased him for over a year and still didn't know what type of player he was until we got him to our training ground. I could've told you Jackett's talk of him being the perfect number 10 for a 4-2-3-1 was bullshit right from the start. The same with Wallace, all this talk of his best position being number 10 while he was being stuck out on the wing, he goes out on loan, comes back and all of a sudden KJ is talking about him being a natural wide player. How can you have such a poor grasp of what your own player is capable of?

Ken hasn't got a fucking clue what a number 10 is supposed to do. He habitually puts Edwards there when he has the creativity of a fence post, he's put Leon Clarke and Yannick Sagbo there, he parked Afobe there despite him quite obviously being an off the shoulder striker which resulted in our best player (and arguably the best striker in the league) spending months fucking around in the centre circle and taking throw ins in the right back area as he had no idea what he was supposed to be doing, most teams put their most technically gifted player there and build their attacking play around him as the creative hub, we do the exact opposite.

Pre-season training camp in Ireland July 17-22. Plus one game vs Cork City confirmed on the 18th.

Ken hasn't got a fucking clue what a number 10 is supposed to do. He habitually puts Edwards there when he has the creativity of a fence post, he's put Leon Clarke and Yannick Sagbo there, he parked Afobe there despite him quite obviously being an off the shoulder striker which resulted in our best player (and arguably the best striker in the league) spending months fucking around in the centre circle and taking throw ins in the right back area as he had no idea what he was supposed to be doing, most teams put their most technically gifted player there and build their attacking play around him as the creative hub, we do the exact opposite.

Close the thread DW has said it all, as accurate as possible and seriously on the button.

Jackett's rhetorical questions piss me off as well. It's just ramblings to himself.

Pre-season training camp in Ireland July 17-22. Plus one game vs Cork City confirmed on the 18th.

I took my now wife there for a pre season tour about 8 years ago (I'm very romantic) - might see about going again this time, would be fun... Probably apart from the football obvs...

WTF is this all about?

It's the 'he'll be in the squad next year if we down sign anybody better' part that's not exactly a ringing endorsement

Back