• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

:icon_lol:

You would get more credit if -

A) your previous posts hadn't descended in to an anti-Moxey slur.

And B) you weren't so bloody angry and aggressive all the time.

My initial point stands - Wolves are top of the table 10 games in next season and no one gives a stuff about the sponsor.

I am bothered about the sponsor and will be until their contract is ended. That's my choice and I choose to do that rather than take my opinions from a couple of interweb mongs.

I'm not really arsed about earning credit on an obscure website tbh Jinks.

So you would turn a blind eye to other sponsors but not the club shirt, interesting ethical approach! Generally if you object on ethical grounds to a subject, its a out right objection with no qualifications

That's my thinking, I don't get why the shirt sponsor is held in such lofty esteem above all else.

I can get why some might not want to see the club associated with certain businesses but if that's the case with the money shop then the association started 6 years ago so surely that's when people should've started venting their anger at such?

It's because the shirt sponsor is more prevalent and represents an endorsement from the club to the company.

I could tell you who Man Utd's shirt sponsor was, but not who sponsors their south stand...

Did I say blind eye? I stated it wasn't as important and it doesn't have a direct impact on the way people (our fans and outsiders) view the image and representation of our club, advertising hoardings and in ground displays are sometimes contracted out to a separate company to handle and negotiate, so there may be a chance we are similar. I did mention previously I disliked the amount of gambling advertising at all football.

I think it's a huge mistake by the club myself, but wouldn't be half the issue had we had a good season.

It's because the shirt sponsor is more prevalent and represents an endorsement from the club to the company.

I could tell you who Man Utd's shirt sponsor was, but not who sponsors their south stand...

Did I say blind eye? I stated it wasn't as important and it doesn't have a direct impact on the way people (our fans and outsiders) view the image and representation of our club, advertising hoardings and in ground displays are sometimes contracted out to a separate company to handle and negotiate, so there may be a chance we are similar. I did mention previously I disliked the amount of gambling advertising at all football.

So you don't mind the club associating with these practises as long as outsiders don't see it happening?

Don't subscribe to this, 'Once we start winning everything will be rosy' theory. Obviously if we're top of the league this time next year the ground will be full but that wont mean that the same fans who are there to support the playing staff don't still have a problem with the sponsor/Moxey. You can be happy about how well your team is doing on the pitch and still have reservations about how it's run off it.

Don't subscribe to this, 'Once we start winning everything will be rosy' theory. Obviously if we're top of the league this time next year the ground will be full but that wont mean that the same fans who are there to support the playing staff don't still have a problem with the sponsor/Moxey. You can be happy about how well your team is doing on the pitch and still have reservations about how it's run off it.

For us maybe, for a good chunk of our fans if we're winning then everything is rosy. Have a look at the Fans' Parliament minutes from about September 2013. We'd won a few games in poxy fucking League One and it was as if they'd forgotten we'd even got relegated!

So you don't mind the club associating with these practises as long as outsiders don't see it happening?

A stand sponsor is less of an endorsement, was my point.

For us maybe, for a good chunk of our fans if we're winning then everything is rosy. Have a look at the Fans' Parliament minutes from about September 2013. We'd won a few games in poxy fucking League One and it was as if they'd forgotten we'd even got relegated!

Did the fans Parliament ever discuss the kind of sponsor fans would wish for on the shirt?

The club were actually behaving in a reasonable manner back then though. They had driven a wedge between themselves and the fans and were bending over backwards to make things right.

Its just another thing to put a rift between the fans (well at least some) & the club, which is not helpful after this season of mediocraty

The club were actually behaving in a reasonable manner back then though. They had driven a wedge between themselves and the fans and were bending over backwards to make things right.

I just think beating Crawley, Port Vale and Gillingham was a pretty thin whitewash for appointing Dean Saunders and condemning us to the third tier for the first time in nearly a quarter of a century - events that occurred in the very same calendar year. But apparently that was all A-Ok with our fans.

I just think beating Crawley, Port Vale and Gillingham was a pretty thin whitewash for appointing Dean Saunders and condemning us to the third tier for the first time in nearly a quarter of a century - events that occurred in the very same calendar year. But apparently that was all A-Ok with our fans.

Going into Lg 1 was crap, but it did allow us to win some games and was quite fun (but only because we got back out at the first time of asking)

If we had done a Sheff Utd & got stuck there then that would be another matter

I am bothered about the sponsor and will be until their contract is ended. That's my choice and I choose to do that rather than take my opinions from a couple of interweb mongs.

I'm not really arsed about earning credit on an obscure website tbh Jinks.

Don't engage with him; he asks Lycan not to group him with anybody else and then proceeds to group together anybody who objects to the sponsorship as Moxey haters beating the club with a stick...

Don't engage with him; he asks Lycan not to group him with anybody else and then proceeds to group together anybody who objects to the sponsorship as Moxey haters beating the club with a stick...

It wasn't even me who wrote that - I simply agreed with someone else's point of view. So thanks for your helpful input.

They could spunk what they earn from this deal on another Tommy Rowe blah blah blah so it in the greater scheme of things it's not life changing then again the money could catapult us. In truth it stinks, it encourages people to live hand to mouth. The club is promoting a horrid concept. It's filthy lucre .... they'd sell our souls if they could.

They could spunk what they earn from this deal on another Tommy Rowe blah blah blah so it in the greater scheme of things it's not life changing then again the money could catapult us. In truth it stinks, it encourages people to live hand to mouth. The club is promoting a horrid concept. It's filthy lucre .... they'd sell our souls if they could.

Our souls, or arseholes - we tend to buy the latter, not sell them.

Again this isn't something I have said. You are one of 3 that seem to love quoting my posts in a desperate attempt to find some hole in my belief that I don't agree with this sponsor. You won't change my opinion, it's not linked to our performances, it's not liked to my hatred of the owner or C.E.O, if you are happy with it, then I accept you probably have different context to me, I however am not happy, I honestly didn't know we had there signs at our ground, I don't particularly agree with that and it's not okay because it has gone on for 6 years. I'd be happy for the club to cut ties with them completely and any other money lenders, log book loan companies, cheque cashers and generally any other businesses like that.

Is that clear enough?

Again this isn't something I have said. You are one of 3 that seem to love quoting my posts in a desperate attempt to find some hole in my belief that I don't agree with this sponsor. You won't change my opinion, it's not linked to our performances, it's not liked to my hatred of the owner or C.E.O, if you are happy with it, then I accept you probably have different context to me, I however am not happy, I honestly didn't know we had there signs at our ground, I don't particularly agree with that and it's not okay because it has gone on for 6 years. I'd be happy for the club to cut ties with them completely and any other money lenders, log book loan companies, cheque cashers and generally any other businesses like that.

Is that clear enough?

That does clarify your stance wonderfully, thank you.

As it happens, I don't have any issue with your post, other than the underlying aggression and the bit I've bolded as I've not raised that argument with anyone, just pointed out discrepancies where between some people's thoughts on different types of sponsorship, discrepancies which it now appears you don't have. So I can see the logic in your stance, if you take exception to these sort of companies then surely that stands whether they be sponsoring a stand, a shirt or an individual player, and given your location and lack of time at Molineux it's understandable that you may not have been anywhere of the existing sponsorship deal, a caveat that many of the complaining masses don't have going for them.

So I'm not looking to change your mind, I may not share your hatred of these types of companies in the same way you do but I can at least now agree on your stance regarding their involvement with Wolves even if it's not one that I share personally.

Back