• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I don't think anyone predicted the way things have played out though. The Benfica chap was all anti Nuno, Mendes / pro Lage rather than Fosun. The Mendes criticism was about an unfair advantage and circumnavigating agents rules which would lead to us eventually having a team full of his players / those of his mates. Often driven by jealousy, which also hasn't happened. Although it's impossible to ignore the floppy haired elephant in that particular room.

I suppose Ross was closest with his weird anti Chinese rants, but again for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
Understandably though, we were starved of any (moderate) success, and they gave it to us.
I was more blinded by anybody, and yes it was totally understandable. Buying into the dream was real, the fact that dream was mis-sold is unforgivable.

I was more blinded by anybody, and yes it was totally understandable. Buying into the dream was real, the fact that dream was mis-sold is unforgivable.
I don't think it was mis-sold as such. Just things changed at the point we waved bye bye to Nuno. For whatever political reasons Fosun couldn't carry on what they started....the issue then became those left in charge (essentially Jeff) went bastard crazy. Initially power hungry then just making shit up as he went along. As it stands, we have no proper direction from the top.
Hobbs may be shit or maybe brilliant but he is operating within a model that can change at the drop of a hat. He now sits in a Moxey style role as the voice of the club.

Issue with Fosun right now is they don't really know how football works and think Jeff is doing things well. They could reset the mood a little by sorting out that issue.
Money wise, nothing changes until they find some schmucks happy to lose money with us or the Chinese Government declare they love football again and are also big fans of the British Government.

Thing is, the scaling back would've been palatable if it had been sold the right way. At the end of the day it's their money not ours, if they don't want to run a Premier League club then you can't blame them for seeking a buyer or investor and we've got no devine right to be in this league.

Instead all we've had are blatant lies, mixed messaging and wild shifts in policy, seemingly from one week to the other. Even as recently as the Hobbs/Shi interview. Don't tell us you're aiming to win a trophy. Don't fucking do it. You're fooling absolutely nobody.

I don't think it was mis-sold as such. Just things changed at the point we waved bye bye to Nuno. For whatever political reasons Fosun couldn't carry on what they started....the issue then became those left in charge (essentially Jeff) went bastard crazy. Initially power hungry then just making shit up as he went along. As it stands, we have no proper direction from the top.
Hobbs may be shit or maybe brilliant but he is operating within a model that can change at the drop of a hat. He now sits in a Moxey style role as the voice of the club.

Issue with Fosun right now is they don't really know how football works and think Jeff is doing things well. They could reset the mood a little by sorting out that issue.
Money wise, nothing changes until they find some schmucks happy to lose money with us or the Chinese Government declare they love football again and are also big fans of the British Government.
I dunno, they said they were aiming for the moon and started to deliver and now they’re saying Wolves aren’t a club for people who thought we were aiming for the moon. It’s one or the other, and both messages were delivered by the same people. If they hadn’t got the minerals to push on, don’t promise the earth.

Oh, and remember Jeff buying pints in the Hogs? Being “part of the pack”? Now he only had disdain for the people he bought those pints for and has his hand in their pockets. It was all bullshit designed to hoodwink.

LL has been sent out to row back on the FFP was never an issue line in the Percy interview. What they meant was they've never had to sell someone at the last minute to comply, apparently.

LL has been sent out to row back on the FFP was never an issue line in the Percy interview. What they meant was they've never had to sell someone at the last minute to comply, apparently.

TBF it was clear that's what they actually meant, just the usual bullshit from them bragging about something which is nothing to brag about in an attempt to make themselves look better and not realising how it could be taken out of context.

It's been said a lot on here but they really do think we're fucking stupid

That was a few days ago wasn't it?

And he got swiftly put back in his box for it too.

That lad is getting too big for his boots. He's starting to come across as though he thinks he knows about football and is becoming a really good investigative journalist rather than the club simp trotting out the lines they give him.

Like most journalists they know sweet FA about the game itself, which is embarrassing for the profession.

That lad is getting too big for his boots. He's starting to come across as though he thinks he knows about football and is becoming a really good investigative journalist rather than the club simp trotting out the lines they give him.

Like most journalists they know sweet FA about the game itself, which is embarrassing for the profession.
I listened to the podcast this morning, so probably 3 or 4 days old

I don't know why I did it to myself but I listened to a podcast previewing the weekend fixtures on the Athletic this morning. The 2 'experts' they had on were Nick Miller and our very own Tim Speirs.

At one stage one of them actually described themselves as a 'tactical dunce'. How is that acceptable? What fucking hope do we have if the people paid to report on the game readily admit that they have no idea how the game is played and clearly have no interest in educating themselves?

I dunno, they said they were aiming for the moon and started to deliver and now they’re saying Wolves aren’t a club for people who thought we were aiming for the moon. It’s one or the other, and both messages were delivered by the same people. If they hadn’t got the minerals to push on, don’t promise the earth.

Oh, and remember Jeff buying pints in the Hogs? Being “part of the pack”? Now he only had disdain for the people he bought those pints for and has his hand in their pockets. It was all bullshit designed to hoodwink.
Thing is, football is all about hope. Every game you rock up hoping you'll win, each season you start hoping you'll win the league/a cup. The vast majority of the time clubs win nothing, but before a ball is kicked every fan thinks "maybe the league/fa cup this season" or "maybe we will win league 1".

Jeff has actively devalued the "product" by saying we won't win trophies.

Then chuck in the PSR lies and the crap "strategic" decisions and we've become a club bereft of identity and direction.

Fs, why am I heading to Brentford on a delayed train whilst recovering from flu?! 🤣

I don't know why I did it to myself but I listened to a podcast previewing the weekend fixtures on the Athletic this morning. The 2 'experts' they had on were Nick Miller and our very own Tim Speirs.

At one stage one of them actually described themselves as a 'tactical dunce'. How is that acceptable? What fucking hope do we have if the people paid to report on the game readily admit that they have no idea how the game is played and clearly have no interest in educating themselves?
It's crackers that these idiots get employed and some people genuinely think it's informative or entertaining.

Does feel a bit like we blamed the messenger with Liew and the weird benfica guy who used to post on here.
Nah, I just generally cannot stand Liew, his cricket writing in particular is abysmal.

TBF it was clear that's what they actually meant, just the usual bullshit from them bragging about something which is nothing to brag about in an attempt to make themselves look better and not realising how it could be taken out of context.

It's been said a lot on here but they really do think we're fucking stupid
On the contrary, they don't think about us at all.

Back